What are you looking forward to from the Tiges in 2023? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to from the Tiges in 2023?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Given we were #1 for pts for & 9th for pts against last yr, We got Rutten back to the Club to solve that issue so i am looking fwd to seeing how that unfolds as the season goes on. the better defensive sides are the ones that usually lift the Cup & this has to be our aim.

Reactions: 7 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I thought we could get blaze at times and not finish sides off (Swans at the SCG comes to mind , GC at Metricon ...)

Hopefully we regain true hunger
and the likes of Miller , Ralph-Smith, Ross , Cumberland continue to improve they are all damn close to AFL level

I hope Soldo can have a good year , whether that gets him another year with us or makes him sort after by other clubs it will be just reward for his efforts and disappointments and reward for the Club in supporting him

I think many of us here will expect a lot from Sonsie, MJR & Gibcus , I'm hoping that burden doesn't crush them

Fingers crossed for Jack Riewoldt & Trent can go out in style with a touch of class , they deserve it

and of course I'm hoping like all hell Dusty can have a great year and he will continue his career at Punt Rd

I'm quietly impressed with the potential depth the club has built and are sure we will get some very good 1st graders in time from Brown , Banks , Clarke and the new crop of recruits

Reactions: 2 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Normally at this time of year I’m all excited about what the newer squad members can show us of their potential in the season ahead.

But this year I’m keener to see the oldies cement their legacy by getting us that 4th premiership. If Cotch and Jack can maintain a reasonably high semblance of form; if Dusty can get regain his September magic (not too worried about the regular season); if the group of Short, Broad, Rioli, Vlaus, Lynch, Graham, McIntosh and Bolton - the group in their prime - can consolidate their experience and talent; then with the additions of the experienced Taranto and Hopper we should be legitimate threats.

Improvement from the likes of Balta, Baker and Ross will also be required – but that is not an unreasonable expectation. A bonus if Miller, Nyuon, Ralpho and Ryan do too – which, again, is not an unrealistic prospect.

We already have a dynasty out of this group and asking for yet another Cup is unashamedly greedy. But a fourth premiership is within reach. This group deserves it. Deserves to be reckoned with the best ever.

They invented a new game style which has changed the way footy is played now and will be played forever. There is no going back to a game plan rooted in pre 2017 thinking. I want this group to be remembered befittingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I'm looking forward to Dusty becoming the oldest Brownlow medalist this September, and going one better than in 2017 by winning the Coleman on top of every other award of note.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Better conversion at goals, kills us and always keeps opponents in games, and has been instrumental costing games in the past few seasons ie Lynch in the EF.

This has been the number one thing that has boiled my pisss for years especially during our successful ones.

Players to take ownership and take shots at goal instead of trying to be too cute.

Better luck with injuries especially Hamstrings Faaarkin

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
There’s something about Sonsie. He’s a bit like Travis Head the cricketer. A quiet achiever but also could be a match winner.
He'll be playing off the bench at best, hopefully. If we have no injuries it's hard to see where he'd start on the ground

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
All three of them might struggle to get a game this year
Think MRJ offers something unique that we need.
The other two we have existing cover for. For them it’s more about development and exposure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
All three of them might struggle to get a game this year
we've had numerous people sing their praise last year and that will be in their heads
how injury free will Cotchin , Prestia, Tarranto , Hopper , Grimmes , Tarrant , Broad, Vlastuin be this year ?
if we have a dream run with injury it would crush the young guys hearts
they can either lose confidence and desire and/or have oppo clubs start circling

its a tough gig running a strong AFL club :-(

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
we've had numerous people sing their praise last year and that will be in their heads
how injury free will Cotchin , Prestia, Tarranto , Hopper , Grimmes , Tarrant , Broad, Vlastuin be this year ?
they can either lose confidence and desire and/or have oppo clubs start circling

If we have a dream run with injury we’ll win the flag and crush the hearts of every oppo supporter in the country.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

Even if they stay fit (which of course we hope they do, we may find some of these guys could be managed at times this yr. The kids need to play to further their development.