What are you looking forward to in 2020...? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to in 2020...?

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
All our finds this year especially Ross, Stack and Marlion.

I'm also looking forward to seeing CCJ, Naish and Menadue added to the side.

We have an abundance of mobile rucks now.

If there is a weakness, albiet a small one, we need more young, developing tall backs.
Maybe for this reason, we should look at locking Balta into a tall defender role and let him settle there. He has the attributes to be a great attacking defender.

Reactions: 5 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
More goals from George.
He has a great sidestep and burst.

He could have really put a stanp on the GF with better finishing, but having said that he did take it to a different level on the big stage. He also showed signs of that in the second half of the year, ie getting more possessions further up the ground and just being more involved. Better finishing and he will be a real weapon.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Maybe for this reason, we should look at locking Balta into a tall defender role and let him settle there. He has the attributes to be a great attacking defender.

Agree.
Lock him into a role and develop him for that role.

Back would be a start!
Or even wing.
Or even forward.
Or even on the ball.

Heck the kids got talent for multiple positions.

But in all seriousness he needs to develop in one role that the clubs sees him in next year and then see what happens in the future.

Could be a player who when the requires or dictates he gets switched to that role.

Let him develop all year as a defender in 2020!

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
There really is so much to savour,

1) Another year of being the biggest Dog in town and lauding it over mates, neighbours, work colleague, random stranger in the butchers shop and being The Richmond of the 70's once again. We are the dominant force.
2) Watching Dusty - Lap it up people, we are watching an all time Richmond great in his prime. Once in a generation player.
3) The Return of Rance- Can he be who he was?
4) Cotch- What role does he play in 2020? The leader does what is required.
5) The Band of Brothers - Shed, Shai, Dan, Marlion, DES, Stack,- what do they each evolve into. Every one of them is interesting.
6) Naish, Ross and RCD - Two A grade colts and RCD coming off his best footy in the VFL finals.
7) The Ruck Battles- How much does Soldo get better? Is Nank's growth as a footballer done? CCJ? Marbs?
8) Full season of Lynch and Jack- Can we actually see them both firing in the same game?
9) This bunch of kids we are about to get in.
10) Balta- What the bloody hell is he?

And I reckon I've missed 25 more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
There really is so much to savour,

5) The Band of Brothers - Shed, Shai, Dan,Marlion, DES- what do they each evolve into. Every one of them is interesting.

Stackman also part of The Silky Six.

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Im looking forward to more whinging and saltiness by other club supporters as we continue to win. Nagging about the Tiges playing at the G as we go to win another flag

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The salt is huge already. People don't like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
1. B2B
2. Dusty - maybe another Normie (although I'd also love to see Bash get one)
3. Jack & Lynchy going wild
4. Rance back to his very BEST
5. Stackman - full preseason and play in defense all year
6. Pickett - full preseason and a year of moments to remember (my God, a blind turn in the Granny)
7. RFC Womens team winning
8. > 110,000 members (Eddie's head will explode)
9. Smashing Geelol in a final
10. and the so called media can GAGF!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
*Coleman Jones & Fraser Turner
And pick 73 being favourite for the Rising Star

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
1. Coming up with a nick-name for our collective backline of Rance, Grimes, Dave, Flossy, Broad, Bach, Stack, Short, Eggs.
(Either the "Iron Curtain" or " The Prophylactics" because nothing will get through).
2. Dimma playing people out of position to be creative and for" shites and giggles" because of point 1.
3.Jack and Lynchy to be 1 & 2 in the Coleman.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
4. Marlion to nearly win the Brownlow.
5. Another diamond in the rough uncovered .
6. Jo Daniher to leave Essendon as a FA in the draft and we pick him up for nothing and don't know what to do with him.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
How we balance giving regular AFL games to the glut of recently injured and up and coming players. Some not in the 2019 GF team that immediately come to mind include; Rance, Stack, Graham, Ross, Balta, CCJ, Choi, HIggins, Naish, Egg, RCD, Garthwaite and Turner. (I'm assuming Butler, K-Mac and Menadue will be gone). That's a lot of legit players to fit into a premiership 22.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of Figgy's desk with a new Richmond book on it.

The book will have been written by Alex Rance.

It will be called "Where's Dusty's car?"

and also a book he borrowed from the local library:

1570930316164.png "How did they do it?" 1570930374710.png

• Haha