What are you looking forward to in 2020...? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to in 2020...?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Playing essendon in the dreamtime game and having Danihar & Fanastasiasia sitting next to me in Q54.
Essendon bottom 6.
Easy money

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Looking forward to see how we approach the season ,

Lessons will be learned from 2018, the club has matured further and will not be influenced by the outside noise writing us off or speaking about premiership hangovers if we start gradually and build momentum like we did this year .

Do it our way .

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to see how we approach the season ,

Lessons will be learned from 2018, the club has matured further and will not be influenced by the outside noise writing us off or speaking about premiership hangovers if we start gradually and build momentum like we did this year .

Do it our way .

Yes, we implemented the learnings from 2018 into this season.
With Lynch, Pickett and Soldo to name a few, we are a much better side than 2017.
Rance and Stack are walk up starts next year, we will be even better again.

RaoulJuke

Tiger Rookie
Sep 17, 2016
Thing i am most looking forward to is the sexiest man in the world, Alex Rance, coming back.

I also am really looking forward to seeing if Balta can develop and make a leap and seeing how he can fit into this side alongside Jack, Lynch & Rance. From all feedback Balta is a physical clone of Rance. To see the 2 of them in the team together playing opposite sides of the ground - bloody exciting.

I honestly think Balta is one of the most exciting tall prospect's in the entire league - 2nd half of the season he was kind of forgotten. He did some great stuff for us when we really needed players to stand up with Jack, Cotch, Grigg etc out.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A reasonable run with injuries and a rotation of players through the firsts so we have greater depth when September arrives. Plus enough wins to make the top 4.

Yeah 2nd on the ladder will do nicely.

Avoid the Minor Premiership curse and a final against the Cats at Saline Stadium ........... which they are still moaning about in the media by the way.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Thing i am most looking forward to is the sexiest man in the world, Alex Rance, coming back.

I also am really looking forward to seeing if Balta can develop and make a leap and seeing how he can fit into this side alongside Jack, Lynch & Rance. From all feedback Balta is a physical clone of Rance. To see the 2 of them in the team together playing opposite sides of the ground - bloody exciting.

I honestly think Balta is one of the most exciting tall prospect's in the entire league - 2nd half of the season he was kind of forgotten. He did some great stuff for us when we really needed players to stand up with Jack, Cotch, Grigg etc out.

That's a good call
Balta is very raw but has great physical attributes such as size, speed, leap, long kicking etc
And Rance wasn't an instant champ despite having his own impressive physical attributes from the start.
Obviously its been said many times - but in those first few seasons he showed a real lack of awareness at times and didn't seem a natural footballer.
So if Balta can just come along following Ranceys program - it could be massive for us in just a few years and when Rance is approaching the end of his career

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Collingwoods cap squeeze costing them De Goey or Grundy then Collingwood dropping off and imploding .................... its my every desire.

Geelong creating more false hope of success after beating up on minnows at Crapdinia Park only to get a reality check on the G in September again. (delicious)

Essendon in a heap after DUDORO manages to completely hold up and frag up trade fortnight forcing 2 players who wanted out to stay (never goes well).

Suns get a banging season out of Bobble so they trade more with us, at mates rates.

Tigers to beat up on the Blues again in the season opener after the Blues unfurl Eddie but NO PAPLEY after 2 weeks of talking it up ha ha ha.

Demons take Jack Martin ahead of the Blues ha ha ha ha - Demons sorry #godeeeeez would be well advised to look into this.

West Coast to belt the suitcase out of Geelong at Crapdinia Park with Kelly kicling 6 in a BOG performance, Salty says they havnt missed Timmy as he wasnt that good anyway and that Zac Guthrie was the only reason Kelly succeeded at Geelong.

Crows to become a percentage booster away from the AO to complete the demolition we started in 2017.

Swans to maintain their fall.

Carlton to remain irrelevant even after all the hype.

And maybe just another Premiership to top it off...... most likely against the West Cones so we can all hear how rigged the comp is as they have to play the RFC at their home ground again and again and again and again until we are *smile* again.

Reactions: 3 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Interesting to see how we take the lessons of the last 3 years into 2020 - Managing our players, winning without peaking too early finishing top 4 and locking in MCG finals (all going to plan).....Motivating the team to go back to back and thats incredibly hard in today's footy, succession planning as our 30++ year old players come to the end of their careers. Timing and a bit of luck and 2020 could be fun. Perhaps now we can REALLY put the sword to some teams?? The 25-35 point wins can be 10+ goal victories ??? Lets not forget around mid year our % was a very poor ~95 !!!!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Subtle changes to our game plan between 2017 and 2019

Hoping to see some subtle changes nest year as well that includes using some of the exciting kids in the seconds

Without some subtle changes we are very unlikely to go B2B.

Or 100 back to back games at the G.

Just ask any moron that barracks for West Coast, Geelol or Brisbane as they are still whinginging about it yet we played Brisbane up there and shook them so hard they couldbnt get over Gee Whizz at home the following week..................Cretins

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looking forward to more whining and salty tears next season.
Too many games at the MCG
Soft Draw
X amount of games in a row at the G

Yep, and which reminds me, it's only 2 weeks for the 2020 fixture to come out.

The Gestapo will assure.....dis vill nort harp in a gang!!

I'm sure we will play lolnorf and the Dogs once a year and at the Dump AGAIN!!!

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
Actually looking forward to the development of Jack Ross, Noah Balta, Riley Collier Dawkins, Patrick Naish and Mabior Chol. Also looking forward to seeing how Rance, Higgins, Graham and Stack squeeze into the 2019 premiership team and who takes the role of Ellis on the wing

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yep, and which reminds me, it's only 2 weeks for the 2020 fixture to come out.

The Gestapo will assure.....dis vill nort harp in a gang!!

I'm sure we will play lolnorf and the Dogs once a year and at the Dump AGAIN!!!

Guarantee you both at that ground called Captain America , plus a home game there against the Swans, plus Geelong, plus Adelaide & Port!

Just watch Gill

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Rance Back, Lynch Stack & Pickett off a pre season we have plenty of upside for next yr & the side will evolve over the season as will our game plan.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Like to see brisbane, essendon and western get harder home and away draw, let's see how they cope!