What are you looking forward to in 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What are you looking forward to in 2023

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Seeing Martin, Prestia, Taranto, and Hopper play 100 games between them = :cupgold

Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
1967-2017 flag
1969-2019 flag
1973-2023 flag
1974-2024 flag

nice sequential numbers IMO

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Going to be interesting to see how the midfield is managed
What I will watch closely is how last years 5 are managed along with Bauer and Cumberland They all need to get AFL time for their future and the team
This may just mean that some of the older players will need to be rested and freshened up for the finals

Reactions: 1 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
We need one off Bauer ,Ryan, and even Biggie to step up.
I agree left Ryan off my earlier list
Hopefully between him and Miller they develop into genuine ruck forwards or forwards who can hold their own in the ruck
With the addition of Taranto and Hopper we are most at risk to injury to key forwards
Soldo to me can be the pure ruck depth

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
1970 was a f up - 2020 premiership

That breaks your mathematical pattern.
But we did win in 1920. That’s what made 2021 so disappointing, we should have been able to back up like we did in 1921 and gone back to back. Maths shouldn’t lie!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to slapping the Scats in the finals, again. We all know that we would've pumpped them in the finals last year if we hadn't had the game stolen from us against the Lions.
The look on Scott's face when he is once again shown to be Dimmer's b!tch will be priceless.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I’m looking forward to watching Port Adelaide fail. Everyone seems to be pumping them up and I am at a loss to understand why.

I’m also gonna add Collingwood to this as well. I think opposition teams will put them under the microscope after their surprise efforts last year and their average list will be found wanting.

From a Richmond POV, what I really wanna see is a good start. We don’t need to be on fire early, but we need to avoid the 2-4 start we had last year, which made top 4 almost impossible.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
What I am looking forward to in 2023 is the Tigers winning the flag once again.
It can be possibly the last time in Australia's history that an AFL season operates.
Having just watched the show called "Are we ready for war," it is eminently possible that world war 3 is not that far away.
It scared the bejuus out of me and my wife who watched it.
It seems China is already poised to attack Taiwan and throw the world into world war 3.
So, go Tigers in 2023 and give us something to remember before we shuffle off this mortal coil.
BTW, according to the report we are nowhere ready for war or likely to be in the near future.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
This is what I was referring to.
Read it and weep!!

A Sky News special investigation has revealed Australia is outgunned and severely underprepared to face the threat of conflict in the region.
Sky News Australia’s Pete Stefanovic has uncovered how China has boosted its war preparations across the Pacific and appears poised to make moves against Taiwan.

In the special event documentary, titled ‘Are We Ready For War?’ Stefanovic interviews military, strategic and diplomatic experts in Taiwan, Australia and the United States.

Stefanovic reveals the catastrophic consequences of an elongated war which has already been dubbed “World War III”.

Beijing has held ambitions to reunify Taiwan and China since the two countries separated in 1949.

But following Xi Jinping’s rise to power in 2012, the global superpower has made it abundantly clear the use of force is not out of the question.