What does PRE think about an amnesty for allowing banned users back? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What does PRE think about an amnesty for allowing banned users back?

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
The 'PRE Future Plan' survey and recent interest in un-banning old members has bought this to the fore.

I can only think of 2 ways of doing this - one is to do a blanket un-ban, which could allow back some trolls. And we don't want them back to have a go at the previous admin, but rather a clean slate start and do not want to go through what I've briefly read that went on.

Another option, and perhaps my preferred, is that users get nominated - then I can manually un-ban. It does not guarantee that they will be back, it will depend on if they have the same email to receive the notification. Or the person who nominated them has direct contact.

What do you all think? Any suggestions welcomed.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good idea. There were some great posters that unfortunately got banned.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I agree please unban posters. I know of a few who, over time, were in my opinion unfairly banned purely for having alternative opinions.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
PharAce
Streak. Not sure if banned or walked away in disgust.

JB03 wants Redford.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Just to name a few -
Struggletown
Redford
Claw
Praying Manton
Johnno2Richo
Dean03
Rampaging Richo
JohnF
Missing33
Tigerbob
Shawry

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not sure exactly who was banned and who left of their own accord, but most prominent ex-posters should be encouraged to return. 'Phantom' was always an interesting read.

Still around, but Dyer'ere/Rob Williams should be encouraged to up his contributions also.

Re: Daniel Jackson

Maybe this should go on the Rumour Board. I dunno. But anyway I was at a Jackson Foundation Charity Ball at Jackson Manor not so long ago when I took to snooping around. In the study, on an American Walnut desk, stood a bronze bust of Jack Dyer.

Mr Jackson appeared behind me in the doorway to the study. He said "Dyer'ere."

I said, "Mr Jackson". And raised my drink. Then I pointed my umbrella and sprayed him with nerve gas. (I was working for Collingwood at the time.)

He fell.

The Batman (looking a little skinnier and a lot frailer than I remembered him) suddenly crashed in through the Queen Anne window and began some kind of kerfuffle. Luckily friends of mine were meditating behind the alcove curtains and we were able to defend ourselves prior to a hasty Queen Anne departure.

So in answer to your question, Daniel Jackson is just another hapless benevolent billionaire. He is not Batman.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can we put any current posters on the banned list? :cool:

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon let 'em all back in except tigergollywog.