What is Neil Balme thinking? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What is Neil Balme thinking?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Lurking's no fun. Gotta own ya **** when ya get it wrong n roll out full noise n slinging more **** next time around.

Pretty much how l used to start every season before 2017. Start out full of lip about how good we would be then finish with a whimper (from about round 5) then come out stronger the next year.

These days just sit quietly and survey the realm from up high

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Balmey's got his work cut out this year!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I hope he's thinking about how he gets Sam Taylor and Tom Green to the RFC .
Post game interview with Green when asked whre his preferred position was, i was wonderin if his mind was saying "In front of 100,000 cheering Tiger fans at the G"!

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Imagine how good we could be if Balmey sorts out tramtracks Hardwick!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The wheels are falling off the Richmond 2019 season one by one and while it is difficult to accept, the club must and put into action a very real plan that at the very least secures some decent draft picks come the end of the season.

I believe the focus now falls on the Football Manager Neil Balme who has the experience and integrity to make some hard calls. I think he needs to put some heat on the coaching staff and in particular “tramtracks” Hardwick.

If supporters in the stands can see such playing flaws as certain players “pulling out” of contests but still get selected, that falls on the coaching staff. If supporters can see players repeating the same mistakes, game after game, deemed as fundamentals of the game like vision and kicking to a teammate; that falls on the coaching staff.

Selecting serial underperformers falls on the coaching staff and selection committee. Persisting with Martin in his current state is a gamble that is not paying off; that falls on the coaching staff and Balme needs to speak from the hip to his staff while sniffing around the club and during training sessions to get a sniff of the mind state of the group.

Injuries aside, and they do hurt, Balme needs to look at the commitment of the group and certain individuals that take to the field to play for the Tigers. They have been indulged with a lot of “soft” love over the last few seasons; it’s time for some hard love from the club and that goes for all the coaches as well.
This has aged well....

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
What's he thinking?
"I do believe another vanilla slice is in order"

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
This has aged well....
I haven't seen this thread before being a newbie. TL;DR, straight to page 13. The lesson from 2018 was "don't peak too soon; do enough in the early rounds to be thereabouts and then come home with a wet sail". I thought it was bleeding obvious. It worked all 3 premiership years.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I prefer the Bernie thread, but this one is top 5
I haven't seen this thread before being a newbie. TL;DR, straight to page 13. The lesson from 2018 was "don't peak too soon; do enough in the early rounds to be thereabouts and then come home with a wet sail". I thought it was bleeding obvious. It worked all 3 premiership years.
Most of the juicy stuff got removed by previous mod

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
What's he thinking?
"I do believe another vanilla slice is in order"
And it certainly is!!

This is the man that came and sorted the joint out and set them on the right course.

Balmey was the Instigator not just Ben and Penny.

Thanks Fat Ed you Cretin for trying to shaft Balmey for the other pelican Grubby that they then couldn't put on....class absolute gold.

Balmey then gives em the finger and goes home after some slick work from "The Chief" Benny and saves his Mighty Tigers and puts them on the path of a Dynasty.

Sliding Doors moments ............well this is one and Barrett should write the *smile* out of it.

Thanks McGuire you dumbarse !!!

They just keep on giving.....by the way has Adam told em to GAGF and hes staying to slaughter their TPP :mhihi :mhihi

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Similar hilarious "season over" posted around round six can be found in 2019 as well. Someone suggested we go a full rebuild about a third of the way into 2017.

To be fair injuries forced our hand on going slow early at times, but we are masters of timing our runs now. This year it was getting game time into Nank/Prestia/Astbury, and to do so tanking the first final against the Lions :cool:

Reactions: 1 user