What is Neil Balme thinking? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What is Neil Balme thinking?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
It is great re reading the first post in this thread. How wrong can one person be??

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Don't tell me Blobbo the Salesman tried to get Balmey over to the Druggies?

This recent article dribble.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
It is great re reading the first post in this thread. How wrong can one person be??

It's a bloody rip snorter TP
I'd quote it but it's too bloody dangerous!

'Tramtracks' Hardwick certainly took the advice that Balmey obviously passed on after reading PRE
and while he was sniffin around the changerooms he must've given Dusty a rocket and told the rest of the boys to cut out the lovey dovey stuff and harden the *smile* up!

If I had of been brilliant enough to have written such a post, I would've bumped it the moment we won the flag and claimed it as the defining moment of our season and the catalyst for our success!

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
You will slowly find out that anything your post without rose coloured glasses is not acceptable. How dare you bring up valid points about our current predicament. Its all good. We are just going to switch gears half way through the season because Dimma didn't want to peak early this year and we will win the premiership in a canter.
His comments about not peaking early shows just how out of touch he is. He was spooked in a similar manner years ago and it took him 5 years to realise he had it all wrong. I have a feeling we are treading down the same path again.

Haha this has aged well...

Its funny for the most part these blokes only pop up with their infinite wisdom when there is a 'crisis' they need advise us all on.

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Haha this has aged well...

Its funny for the most part these blokes only pop up with their infinite wisdom when there is a 'crisis' they need advise us all on.

In the old days you could have a free swing at Richmond and be proven more or less correct every time, but the old rules no longer apply.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It's a bloody rip snorter TP
I'd quote it but it's too bloody dangerous!

'Tramtracks' Hardwick certainly took the advice that Balmey obviously passed on after reading PRE
and while he was sniffin around the changerooms he must've given Dusty a rocket and told the rest of the boys to cut out the lovey dovey stuff and harden the **** up!

If I had of been brilliant enough to have written such a post, I would've bumped it the moment we won the flag and claimed it as the defining moment of our season and the catalyst for our success!
It was actually a guru like post. We did switch gears halfway through the year and win the premiership in a canter

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
It was actually a guru like post. We did switch gears halfway through the year and win the premiership in a canter

A guru like post made after 3 games of the season - from where I was sitting it was more like a complete overreaction to a couple of early season games compounded by a rising injury toll to some of our more senior players. The negativity sprouted and the anti Hardwick rhetoric was not disguised at all despite the pretense of concern for our form since the 2018 prelim. :vomit:vomit:vomit

A premiership is never won in the early games and as is often said the season is a marathon not a sprint. The perceived switching of gears halfway through the year was to my mind far more us steadily moving through the gears as we slowly regained our injured players, working the gameplan utilising the available talent while planning for our second half of the season tilt to make the eight.

Considering all the injury issues the club had to deal with throughout the year, and bearing in mind those injuries didn't just occur to the AFL team because the VFL team were also hit with injuries as well as losing players as they were called up to replace the growing injury list and even the replacements were then getting injured, it has been an absolutely fantastic year delivering both the AFL, the VFL, and the WAFL premierships. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :cupgold

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Balmey is brilliant. Intelligent, experienced, human. How the flogs at Collingwood managed to sideline this bloke twice - is a testament to the true culture of that club.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Balmey is brilliant. Intelligent, experienced, human. How the flogs at Collingwood managed to sideline this bloke twice - is a testament to the true culture of that club.

Notice in that SEN chat that Balmey said he still had a great relationship with MOST of the clubs he has been at, hmm I wonder which one he does't :)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Notice in that SEN chat that Balmey said he still had a great relationship with MOST of the clubs he has been at, hmm I wonder which one he does't :)
Heard it replayed last night and great to hear he insisted he's going nowhere. Stuck at the Tigers!