What Should We Do? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What Should We Do?

What scenario would you choose between now and the PSD?

• Delist One More Player for an extra pick in PSD so we can get Gourdis and McGinnity

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Keep list as it is and hope that McGinnity falls through to rookie draft

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quarterback

Tiger Cub
Nov 24, 2007
tigers#7 said:
Also, would there be any chance of this happening?

Yes read my post on the PSD and rookie picks.

Seeya Hydey and Moore. Nice knowing you. :cutelaugh :clap

Hydey owes us money.

tigers#7

Tiger Superstar
Jul 10, 2006
quarterback said:
Yes read my post on the PSD and rookie picks.

Seeya Hydey and Moore. Nice knowing you. :cutelaugh :clap

Hydey owes us money.
Yeh i read that. Is it what you think or what you know?

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
If they were going to delist they would have done so before the National draft and picked up an extra player then instead of passing. Can you still delist anyway? I thought final delistings was before ND.

tigers#7

Tiger Superstar
Jul 10, 2006
GoodOne said:
If they were going to delist they would have done so before the National draft and picked up an extra player then instead of passing. Can you still delist anyway? I thought final delistings was before ND.
Theres a 3rd list lodgement IIRC coming up soon.

Also, I doubt whether the coaching staff wouldve realised the amount of talent left after the draft when they were doing the delistings.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Now that we have (Rance) Sid, it allows the Willy's and McGuanes to step down the forward pecking order a bit. I can't see the value of retaining Moore anymore, especially if you are eyeing another defender in the PSD/RD.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
its very well documented on here that Moore is somewhat maligned but i think he's worth a shot this year because his form in the VFL finals series was the best he's shown in the whole time he's been here.

He's a superfast tall who leaps, is strong and should be just about grown into his body. He's cherry ripe to step up to the plate this year. IF he doesnt do it this time then fling him to siberia at the end of the season.

Musy be given a chance going on his substantial upswing in form.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
blx said:
its very well documented on here that Moore is somewhat maligned but i think he's worth a shot this year because his form in the VFL finals series was the best he's shown in the whole time he's been here.

He's a superfast tall who leaps, is strong and should be just about grown into his body. He's cherry ripe to step up to the plate this year. IF he doesnt do it this time then fling him to siberia at the end of the season.

Musy be given a chance going on his substantial upswing in form.

Agree - Moore on a hunch for one more year....or a half of year. If he's not a solid seniors contributor by mid year, I'd consider Gasparing him and upgrading a rookie.

bigsy

Before he knows any better!!
Jan 9, 2004
Yarraville
I agree to keep Moore for one more year. His last month and a half was his best football, and he can kick well to targets coming out of the backline. Would chop Hyde first - he has more competition for a spot - and may struggle to play regular senior football

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
BrisTiger24 said:
Agree - Moore on a hunch for one more year....or a half of year. If he's not a solid seniors contributor by mid year, I'd consider Gasparing him and upgrading a rookie.

You can't promote a rookie due to retirement. It needs to be a long term injury. Hence Ray Hall's well known secret retirement last year. The official word was a back or hip injury.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Baloo said:
You can't promote a rookie due to retirement. It needs to be a long term injury. Hence Ray Hall's well known secret retirement last year. The official word was a back or hip injury.

I'm sure we can think up an injury at the time...