What to do about the conspiracy theory problem? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What to do about the conspiracy theory problem?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Even if tru, who cares? They were far right when the committed their heinous crimes, that's all that's relevant.
Agree. Were RWCNJ from what I can understand.

Religious fanatics are the worst kind.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Hope you didn't click on this for the answer, I wish I had it, I'm interested in discussion.

........................................................................................................................................................................
Tigersnake , I have a two part solution and believe it is quite elegant

Our society traditionally hasn't been a breeding ground for conspiracy theories etc
but when people or groups do stick their heads up it just seems all to USA like

Healthy scepticism is quite ok

So for our anti vaxxers and conspiracy theory bods we can give them one of two choices
1) deport them to the USA so they can network with like minded people
or
2) euthanise and use the bodies for fertiliser or something useful like that

They serve no useful purpose to society so if they leave one way or the other they can go out knowing they've done something good for the country

boom boom , you know it makes sense :)

<edit> maybe we could sneak a few Collingwood supporters on the plane or the Soylent green queue

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Did they believe in universal health care and free education?

I hear they were all for state mandated C19 vaccinations and were upset because no-one had been to the property to force them to have them.

They definitely weren't RWNJ Sovereign Citizen types at all

SiberianTiger

Tiger Cub
Jan 16, 2023
There are four main camps regarding conspiracy theories:
Group 1 tend to think all conspiracy theories are true, which is false.
Group 2 think all are false, which is also not true.
Group 3 know some are true and some are false and they know which are what because they, as operatives, deliberately spread false ones to discredit the true ones.
And then there's a minuscule, almost invisible fourth group - the ones with real experience and skills in deciphering what is true and what isn't, but even these have trouble doing so and even more trouble explaining it to those in the first two groups.

For the record:
The Earth is round, not flat.
Q is most probably fake and Qanons have been likely fooled by the CIA.
Trump may be fake. Biden is.
The moon landing footage was faked in Nevada and, although that doesn't mean the landing itself was also fake, it may have been.
Diana's death is suspicious.
Climate change is natural, but science is doctored to make it look unnatural.
Corporate Capitalism is the problem, as is Fascism and Communism, while Democracy is manipulated to encourage the first three.
Petrochemicals are not fossil fuels but essentially organic-like minerals.
9/11 was an inside job, as was Port Arthur and the political right were in Government.
Vaccines are often dangerous and many are bioweapons.
Covid may or may not exist, but if it does it came out of a lab deliberately.
The right and left of politics are both controlled by the same people, just as the ABC and the Murdoch press are.
Politicians are usually just actors reciting lines while pretending to like or hate each other.
Fact-checkers are fake.
The aliens in our midst don't exist.
Elite paedophilia occurs in government, royalty, the law, churches, lodges and synagogues etc.
The realistic human body-double mask technology is absolutely real and used constantly.
Prominent religious leaders are very often faking it.
Sport is the circus in bread and circuses to distract us from the truth, although when Richmond is allowed to do it well by the umpires and the AFL, it is fair and entertaining, while online betting on it is entertaining but not necessarily fair.

If you disagree, I expected so. If you think I'm just RWNJ material rather than a real Richmond supporter you didn't read it properly or understand it. I expected that also.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Group 3 know some are true and some are false and they know which are what because they, as operatives, deliberately spread false ones to discredit the true ones.
And then there's a minuscule, almost invisible fourth group - the ones with real experience and skills in deciphering what is true and what isn't, but even these have trouble doing so and even more trouble explaining it to those in the first two groups.

For the record:
The moon landing footage was faked in Nevada and, although that doesn't mean the landing itself was also fake, it may have been.
Corporate Capitalism is the problem, as is Fascism and Communism, while Democracy is manipulated to encourage the first three.
9/11 was an inside job, as was Port Arthur and the political right were in Government.
The right and left of politics are both controlled by the same people, just as the ABC and the Murdoch press are.
Politicians are usually just actors reciting lines while pretending to like or hate each other.
Fact-checkers are fake.
Elite paedophilia occurs in government, royalty, the law, churches, lodges and synagogues etc.
The realistic human body-double mask technology is absolutely real and used constantly.
Sport is the circus in bread and circuses to distract us from the truth, although when Richmond is allowed to do it well by the umpires and the AFL, it is fair and entertaining, while online betting on it is entertaining but not necessarily fair.

If you disagree, I expected so. If you think I'm just RWNJ material rather than a real Richmond supporter you didn't read it properly or understand it. I expected that also.
That’s one hell of a first post. Welcome to the forum.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

For the record:
Fact-checkers are fake.

You forgot or excluded a group - those that know most theories are false, some are maybe true but would like reasonable evidence either way.

There is a wealth of rich and bizarre conspiracy theory here and this is not the thread to debunk conspiracy theories, but I'll just point out one oxymoron - you write that "Petrochemicals are not fossil fuels but essentially organic-like materials" - you need to go back and watch the NJ conspiricist YT videos again because the contention is actually that they are not fossil fuels, and not organic, but actually "naturally-occurring minerals" formed by (unexplained) geological processes. Petrochems are indeed organic materials - that is, they are produced from organic compounds made of hydrogen and carbon atoms. "Organic-like" similarly makes no scientific sense. It's a weird flex because you could easily accept that fossil fuels are indeed the result of the compression of millions of years worth of biological output and still be against climate change, but I suppose it makes some sort of weird sense to someone out there.

PS got no problem with RWNJs being "real Richmond supporters", you don't have to be one or the other - I reckon Richmond supporters cover the gamut of left to right and we have our fair share of nut-jobs. Bizarre way to sign off but I wish you the best in your conspiricist endeavours.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Fact-checkers are fake.

Indeed you provide a sizzlerian buffèt of grissle

In your maiden post ST o_O

But im particularly struggling to chew this one?

Welcome to the pRE, im assuming you have the great disco roach's No.7 ironed on your duffel coat

SiberianTiger

Tiger Cub
Jan 16, 2023
See, the problem is, people believe what they want to believe, because it's easier that way. The AFL is actually just an offshoot of the way the world is run, just as FIFA and virtually all other professional sport is. Gale was the best candidate for replacing the puppet Gillon, but it was never happening because he's not an insider sufficiently and they don't accept otherwise.

I'm not here to debate. I've known about the way the world was run for decades because I was offered a spot in helping run things and my refusal was not well accepted to say the least. It's not the done thing to fool and refuse these people.

As for organic-like, I was referring to chemicals that resemble those from life (organic), but produced in non-living ways. Science is somewhat fabricated.

As for right-wing, I am more so from the political left. Most 'conspiracy theorists' cling to the political right pathetically and that contributes to why so many are in Group 1, rather than Group 4 and why the fourth is minuscule because they're too rusted on, as you must be in an opposite way.

As for being in the fifth group, wanting evidence, that's effectively the second group because you believe that the powers that be would let you see the evidence. Even if you did see it you wouldn't believe it anyway.

I don't need to do this. I do it occasionally because it is most unlikely anyone else still alive experienced what I experienced, which I won't go into here because it isn't the forum.

There is no forum for it, by the way. Even conspiracy theorist ones are not thus, for most active on them have no bloody clue. They just think they do. And so many are fake accounts anyway run to control public thinking.

If you don't like what I say, that's no skin off my nose. I am yet to meet the stranger who agrees with me. But, pray, tell me how someone who cannot stand Crony Capitalism, Fascism, John Howard, the Royal Family, Andrew Bolt, Alan Jones, Greg Hunt, Tony Abbott, Barnaby Joyce and George Pell for example, while not trusting Pauline Hanson or Clive Palmer either, is 'right wing'?

You see, it's almost all fake. Almost all of it. Australia, as a nation, basically doesn't exist, and neither does AFL independence. The AFL is just a microcosm of the world itself.

You forgot or excluded a group - those that know most theories are false, some are maybe true but would like reasonable evidence either way.

There is a wealth of rich and bizarre conspiracy theory here and this is not the thread to debunk conspiracy theories, but I'll just point out one oxymoron - you write that "Petrochemicals are not fossil fuels but essentially organic-like materials" - you need to go back and watch the NJ conspiricist YT videos again because the contention is actually that they are not fossil fuels, and not organic, but actually "naturally-occurring minerals" formed by (unexplained) geological processes. Petrochems are indeed organic materials - that is, they are produced from organic compounds made of hydrogen and carbon atoms. "Organic-like" similarly makes no scientific sense. It's a weird flex because you could easily accept that fossil fuels are indeed the result of the compression of millions of years worth of biological output and still be against climate change, but I suppose it makes some sort of weird sense to someone out there.

PS got no problem with RWNJs being "real Richmond supporters", you don't have to be one or the other - I reckon Richmond supporters cover the gamut of left to right and we have our fair share of nut-jobs. Bizarre way to sign off but I wish you the best in your conspiricist endeavours.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
See, the problem is, people believe what they want to believe, because it's easier that way. The AFL is actually just an offshoot of the way the world is run, just as FIFA and virtually all other professional sport is. Gale was the best candidate for replacing the puppet Gillon, but it was never happening because he's not an insider sufficiently and they don't accept otherwise.

I'm not here to debate. I've known about the way the world was run for decades because I was offered a spot in helping run things and my refusal was not well accepted to say the least. It's not the done thing to fool and refuse these people.

As for organic-like, I was referring to chemicals that resemble those from life (organic), but produced in non-living ways. Science is somewhat fabricated.

As for right-wing, I am more so from the political left. Most 'conspiracy theorists' cling to the political right pathetically and that contributes to why so many are in Group 1, rather than Group 4 and why the fourth is minuscule because they're too rusted on, as you must be in an opposite way.

As for being in the fifth group, wanting evidence, that's effectively the second group because you believe that the powers that be would let you see the evidence. Even if you did see it you wouldn't believe it anyway.

I don't need to do this. I do it occasionally because it is most unlikely anyone else still alive experienced what I experienced, which I won't go into here because it isn't the forum.

There is no forum for it, by the way. Even conspiracy theorist ones are not thus, for most active on them have no bloody clue. They just think they do. And so many are fake accounts anyway run to control public thinking.

If you don't like what I say, that's no skin off my nose. I am yet to meet the stranger who agrees with me. But, pray, tell me how someone who cannot stand Crony Capitalism, Fascism, John Howard, the Royal Family, Andrew Bolt, Alan Jones, Greg Hunt, Tony Abbott, Barnaby Joyce and George Pell for example, while not trusting Pauline Hanson or Clive Palmer either, is 'right wing'?

You see, it's almost all fake. Almost all of it. Australia, as a nation, basically doesn't exist, and neither does AFL independence. The AFL is just a microcosm of the world itself.

So what do you reckon about the Tigers chances this year?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Look, all of us have been asked to join the WEF cabal of alien lizard people at one time or another, you ain't that special

Last edited:

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I have two observations:
1. Certain cultures, from my experience eastern european but there are others. Have an instinctive distrust for government and media due to their origins (opressive or just lingering effects of communist rule). They become biased to any commentary that is contrary to main stream dialogue.
2. Facts are the first casualty of war. Russia, China, Iran, North Korea etc. benefit from a weakened democracy. It is not surprising therefore that the largest generators of false information and conspiracies designed to divide democracies comes from these threat actors. Many topics from BREXIT, BLM through to COVID vaccines have had their fingerprints from an information dissemination as well as funding/incubation perspective.

Last edited: