what will be the team line up in 2020? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

what will be the team line up in 2020?

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I was sitting in an eatery on Swan street after the granny thinking how much the team will change by round 1 next year. Rance will come in but for who - Baker or Short? What about the midfield, how do we fit in RCD, Ross, Pickett etc does Naish replace Brando? What about Balta, Chol? It's a wonderful time to be alive!

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I was sitting in an eatery on Swan street after the granny thinking how much the team will change by round 1 next year. Rance will come in but for who - Baker or Short? What about the midfield, how do we fit in RCD, Ross, Pickett etc does Naish replace Brando? What about Balta, Chol? It's a wonderful time to be alive!

Have the markets opened for the VFL Premiership yet?

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
We’ve got the premiership 22 from Saturday.

Houli grimes broad
Ellis Astbury Vlastuin
Caddy Pickett dusty
Edwards Riewoldt lambert
Rioli lynch Castagna
Soldo Cotchin Prestia
Nankervis Bolton short Baker

2017 GF
Towner Rance butler Graeme mcintosh

2018 PF
Higgins

AND
Moore Markov Menadue Garthwaite Chol

ALSO
Ross Stack balta Eggs CJ Naish
RIley English turner miller Aarts

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We’ve got the premiership 22 from Saturday.

Houli grimes broad
Ellis Astbury Vlastuin
Caddy Pickett dusty
Edwards Riewoldt lambert
Rioli lynch Castagna
Soldo Cotchin Prestia
Nankervis Bolton short Baker

2017 GF
Towner Rance butler Graeme mcintosh

2018 PF
Higgins

AND
Moore Markov Menadue Garthwaite Chol

ALSO
Ross Stack balta Eggs CJ Naish
RIley English turner miller Aarts

Rance and Stackman walk into the premiership 22.

Who is vulnerable? Well noone right now.

But Brando gone. And I think given the talent we have pushing up,

The only real locks in the 22 are lynchy, jack, sheds, george, marlion, cotchy, dusty, dion, vlastuin, grimes, bachar and Dave. Plus rance and stackman.

I reckon theres 20 blokes fighting for 8 spots.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Defenders:

Best 22: Grimes, Vlastuin, Houli, Astbury, Baker, Rance, Short
Depth: Broad, Balta, Garth, egg

Wings:

Best 22: Kmac, Caddy
Depth: Menadue, Naish, Turner

Mids:

Best 22: Pickett, Prestia, Edwards, Lambert, Cotchin
Depth: Graham, Higgins, Ross, RCD

Forwards:

Best 22: Martin, Lynch, Stack, Rioli, Castagna, Riewoldt
Depth: Bolton, Markov, Moore

Rucks;

Best 22: Nank, Soldo
Depth: Chol, CCJ

Regarding best 22 I have Rance>Broad, Stack>Bolton, Kmac>Ellis from the premiership 22. Who do you drop for Rance and Stack? Maybe Short for Stack.

16 players of good quality depth. Many will get a chance to cement a place in the Best 22 through form or injury.

Reactions: 3 users

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
B: Broad Astbury Grimes
HB: Houli Rance Vlastuin
C: Caddy Cotchin Naish
HF: Rioli Lynch Edwards
F: Bolton Riewoldt Lambert
R: Nankervis Prestia Martin
Int: Baker Soldo Pickett / Graham Castagna

Emerg: Graham / Pickett Short RCD Ross KMac

Thoughts?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Thoughts?

Pickett wont be emergency. You're missing Stack, I'd swap him for Naish.

Rioli is an interesting one for me. On recent form I'd have him in our bottom 4.

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
22 from Saturday with edits as follows

- Stack a lock to come into the team, could cost Baker/Rioli/Bolton/Pickett/Short their spot. Ellis also would have been another candidate, cash in the best compo for him & bring in some fresh talent
- Rance to come in, Broad the obvious exclusion
- Balta will be knocking down the door, if we weren't playing Nank & Soldo he would come in. WIll depend on team balance, could easily get a chance on a wing but that could make us a little too top heavy
- Naish, CCJ, RCD, Ross, Egg, Chol all likely to be pushing for selection, depth looking extremely good

& that doesn't include our draft picks this year. IMO we should target a KPD & a mobile forward of some kind with our top two picks

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Brisbane 5th :rotfl1

Should be higher. They'll be an even better team next year. Only Hodge retiring. They'll pick up Cam Ellis-Yolmen as a free agent and they have picks 15,19,32,42,50 in the draft. Good period coming up for Brisbane.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Should be higher. They'll be an even better team next year. Only Hodge retiring. They'll pick up Cam Ellis-Yolmen as a free agent and they have picks 15,19,32,42,50 in the draft. Good period coming up for Brisbane.
Not sure this years draft picks will have much influence in their first couple of years. Yolmen replacing Hodgey, meh.
Yes they should get more growth n development from their young list, but they also get a much harder draw for next year. Plus clubs will pay far more attention to Brisvegas game style after what they achieved this year. There's also the possibility that they might have a sip or two of the bath water n do a Smelbourne next year.
Worth keeping an eye on for next year, they could be entertaining in a few different ways.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not sure this years draft picks will have much influence in their first couple of years. Yolmen replacing Hodgey, meh.
Yes they should get more growth n development from their young list, but they also get a much harder draw for next year. Plus clubs will pay far more attention to Brisvegas game style after what they achieved this year. There's also the possibility that they might have a sip or two of the bath water n do a Smelbourne next year.
Worth keeping an eye on for next year, they could be entertaining in a few different ways.

So you think they'll miss the 8 like zips thinks? I picked them as the biggest movers for 2019 and I think they're on a strong trajectory both on and off the field. Yes I understand what you're saying regarding harder draw etc. They also have a young side that is one year more experienced. Their two finals side were 8 months and 9 months per player younger than their opposition. I can't see them losing too much ground on 2019. They'll have benefited from their first finals experience e in quite a while. Imo they have a very prospective list.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'd like to see Marlion Pickett restricted to grand finals only.

we could easily get 5 games into him.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Instead of a 8 goal win, we will beat them by 7.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Defenders:

Best 22: Grimes, Vlastuin, Houli, Astbury, Baker, Rance, Short
Depth: Broad, Balta, Garth, egg

Wings:

Best 22: Kmac, Caddy
Depth: Menadue, Naish, Turner

Mids:

Best 22: Pickett, Prestia, Edwards, Lambert, Cotchin
Depth: Graham, Higgins, Ross, RCD

Forwards:

Best 22: Martin, Lynch, Stack, Rioli, Castagna, Riewoldt
Depth: Bolton, Markov, Moore

Rucks;

Best 22: Nank, Soldo
Depth: Chol, CCJ

Regarding best 22 I have Rance>Broad, Stack>Bolton, Kmac>Ellis from the premiership 22. Who do you drop for Rance and Stack? Maybe Short for Stack.

16 players of good quality depth. Many will get a chance to cement a place in the Best 22 through form or injury.

Been a long time since we had depth like this. Astute list recruitment and management

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
My thoughts for R1 (subject to fitness and form).

B: Broad Grimes Vlastuin
HB: Houli Astbury Stack
C: Caddy Cotchin Edwards
HF: Rioli Lynch Castagna
F: Bolton Riewoldt Lambert
R: Nankervis Prestia Martin
Int: Baker Soldo Pickett Graham

Emerg: Short RCD Ross CCJ Chol Balta KMac Naish Higgins Markov Garthwaite

Reactions: 1 users