When do people change their minds. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

When do people change their minds.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, the Atlantic is a progressive lefty rag but has many good articles, that is one of them. I found it really sad that it alienated his fiancee from the mother because of the journal, and that the father is struggling with mental demons around the 9/11 conspiracy theories. But it seems that mostly his family and friends built on the positive legacy of his life.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Looks like for these people they changed their own minds. But mainly via fear of death I would say. Interestingly sharing what they have done you would think plays a social leadership role when you read about response and questions them getting it does to others. Didn’t see any post that being told they were selfish COVIDIOTS change their minds…..

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Looks like for these people they changed their own minds. But mainly via fear of death I would say. Interestingly sharing what they have done you would think plays a social leadership role when you read about response and questions them getting it does to others. Didn’t see any post that being told they were selfish COVIDIOTS change their minds…..

Once you've digested that, you can move on to other highly scientific, well-researched fare from the same site

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Aversion to death is healthy! My employer has offered a financial incentive to get vaccinated by the end of the year but it hasn't affected my plans. However if the NSW thing goes the way I suspect it will, I'll be bringing forward my vaccination date.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
This episode was quite interesting. Towards the end even had an example of someone who got a vaccine hesitant person to reconsider. (They didn’t quote death rates at them for vax and unvax).

Listening to A Slight Change of Plans (Adam Grant Thinks Again)

<p>Psychologist and author Adam Grant talks with Maya about the science of changing peoples’ minds, including our own. Adam also takes some of his own advice and rethinks some of his ideas.</p><p> </p> Learn more about your ad-choices at <a href="https://www.iheartpodcastnetwork.com">https://www.iheartpodcastnetwork.com</a>

https://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirec...phone.fm/HSW5366154779.mp3?updated=1625123774