When should Hawthorn have sacked Alistair Clarkson? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

When should Hawthorn have sacked Alistair Clarkson?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
some of you blokes have got short memories.

Hawthorn are the most successful club by far since they won their 1st Flag in 1961- 13 flags in 60 years, by comparison we have won 8 in that time, Carlscum 8, druggies 6 I think & the VicPark scum 2 LOL

They know what they are doing

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Personally, I think they should have sacked him around 2007, before he won all those flags. Then I wouldn’t have had to put up with flog dawks supporters the last decade and they would have to now put up with me :))

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
His a tough man Clarkson. I personally could not imagine working under Jeff Kennett . I’ll be telling that jerk to *smile* off every 10 minutes

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Hawthorn is stuck in no mans land. In reality they have to bottom out and get some elite talent in but don’t seem capable of thinking that way.
Their list isn’t good enough to make giant strides with a couple of high class free agents and they don’t have the draft picks or players to trade for th
I can see them bottom 4 next year which is probably what they need.

I thought they bottomed out this year finishing 4th last on the ladder - pick 4 ain’t that bad.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
some of you blokes have got short memories.

Hawthorn are the most successful club by far since they won their 1st Flag in 1961- 13 flags in 60 years, by comparison we have won 8 in that time, Carlscum 8, druggies 6 I think & the VicPark scum 2 LOL

They know what they are doing
I fully respect what he has done and what a great coach he is.

However I don't think he is not the right coach for them over the next five years. The list is an awful state. Hard to reach such heights and know there is 10 years of grind ahead of you before legitimately contesting again.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
gonna be great when Dimma beats the genius Clarko's flag record
Every time Clarkson pulls off an unlikely win he is a genius. Makes you hard to sack.
But they have gone too often to the pick a part yard

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Afl.com saying St Kilda sniffing around James Frawley for ‘21.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Never for me.

His record gives him the right to take whatever strategy he likes and if it doesn't work to go again.

They've still won three flags in the past decade.
Overrated for me.

They got a lot right in drafts and trades early, but then rode the back of compromised drafts and expansion clubs when talent was diluted and more difficult for contenders to catch up.
Now he's got to build a list and start from scratch, we'll see his real skill.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It's an important question, isn't it? And I forgot the other question - how?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Clarkson is a gun coach.
He would be a hard task master, he wouldve pushed his players unbelievably but he constantly had Hawthorn primed when it needed to be.
That's no way he disappears into the sunset.