When we get in the big one, we generally win it. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

When we get in the big one, we generally win it.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Actually, 1924 was potentially not quite as simple as that, but it turned out that way.
You can read about it here:
Essendon players were alleged to have laid down in the last final against Richmond, and again in a defeat to VFA club Footscray in an exhibition match which added strength to Footscray's bid to join the VFL the following year.

Note that the Public Service Football Club - made up of, you guessed it, public servants - also applied to join the VFL and lost out to Footscray. We get some flak for collecting flags over Adelaide and GWS - imagine a premiership win over the Public Service!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Collingwood in 14 of those losing GF's were either ahead at 3 qtr time or lost by under 2 goals.
They're are useless
Collingwobbles live on.
No other team can choke on the big stage like these pretenders.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I can bear the odd Collingwood premiership (two every 85 years is around the mark) as it keeps them interested in trying and failing