Where did all the Swans supporters come from? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where did all the Swans supporters come from?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Was in AFL members Swans outnumbered us there and also down the city end
Did the AFL give out thousands of free tickets to bolster their numbers?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anything. Anything to kill us. *smile* South supporters......go back to your lake.

Reactions: 1 user

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
To be honest, I think it reflects more on us Tiger supporters. The passion and turnout so far this season has been underwhelming to say the least. There is no ruthless spark or energy in the crowd. I think there’s some complacency and a sprinkling of contentment amongst Tiger supporters at the moment. Time to crank it up....

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
To be honest, I think it reflects more on us Tiger supporters. The passion and turnout so far this season has been underwhelming to say the least. There is no ruthless spark or energy in the crowd. I think there’s some complacency and a sprinkling of contentment amongst Tiger supporters at the moment. Time to crank it up....
Why the low crowds? Wasn't it supposed to be 50% capacity? Looks like 5%.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Totally agree. Our three games there’s been a poor turnout. Drunk off our success? I’d expect that from Hawthorn supporters.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why the low crowds? Wasn't it supposed to be 50% capacity? Looks like 5%.
Because we paid an extra $120 bucks to get seats that use to be only an extra $8 ,,bucks for an upgrade not $40 for an adult and $20 ,for a kid.
The prices with an membership are a joke.

Reactions: 2 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Today's less than impressive turnout of Tiger supporters could be excused by the fact that it is Easter holidays and it was a scorching hot day. Lot of people are away or went to the beach.
But also this new ticketing system and the extra cost as Zips mentioned above are definitely important factors at play.

The South Melbourne supporters only get limited opportunities to see the ducks play, hence why they turned up in big numbers.

I do agree with a few posts above, the Tiger crowd is nowhere near rabid and vocal as we have been in the past.

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
The cost is ridiculous - especially when adding foodstuffs ($5 pies), beer ($9 schooners) and parking (min $12)

The new CV19 rules (reserved seat etc .......... means its simply more convenient (and financially savvy) to stay at home, or with friends and pay for Foxtel

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The cost is ridiculous - especially when adding foodstuffs ($5 pies), beer ($9 schooners) and parking (min $12)

The new CV19 rules (reserved seat etc .......... means its simply more convenient (and financially savvy) to stay at home, or with friends and pay for Foxtel
Where's the parking? I thought the Yarra Council snowflakes got scared of the poor lovely grass there?

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
They must
we have about 5500 afl members and swans have about 800 so clearly some dodgy stuff going on...

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Totally agree. Our three games there’s been a poor turnout. Drunk off our success? I’d expect that from Hawthorn supporters.
Not sure about that. The first game we had almost 100% crowd capacity. Can’t do much better than that. Hawks was an away game and they struggle to get big crowds when they’re going well. Today’s crowd was probably disappointing. Would have expected over 50k.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Not sure about that. The first game we had almost 100% crowd capacity. Can’t do much better than that. Hawks was an away game and they struggle to get big crowds when they’re going well. Today’s crowd was probably disappointing. Would have expected over 50k.

Round 1 was a home game and there were an awful lot of Carlton fans there. Given home game members have priority, that was disappointing.