Where is the revered roar of our 19th Man?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Where is the revered roar of our 19th Man??

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
As mentioned in some other posts recently, it has become quite obvious that the revered fervour, passion and decibel charged vocal support of the Tiger Army has been missing so far this season. This was especially stark last night when our struggling team needed it most.

No doubt this could be the result of the team’s patchy start to the season, but this has not tempered the Army in the past. Perhaps we have become a little content with our dynasty and recent success that it has become all too mundane.

Whatever the reason, I believe we have lost a tangible edge on the opposition. Collectively, the Team AND the Tiger Army need to lift and bring back our frenzied passion to games this season.

Reactions: 9 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I reckon supporters cheer less when winning becomes so frequent.
Melbourne blew us out of the water last night, which is to be expected after so many years of *smile*.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
It’s very noticeable.

We’re incredibly soft as well when it comes to the bs umpiring we receive. Other supporters carve up and influence them (eg Scumwood fans) but we’re as docile as stunned possums and just sit there and take it.

Reactions: 4 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Great thread. I think not being able to sit or stand in your usual position next to the people you usually sit with also makes a difference.

We need to lift against the dogs and act like the underdogs.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ya gotta love our cheer squad but ffs can they come up with anything other than “Richmond..clap clap clap...” x 5 ?

(First world issues, I know.)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
perhaps we would make more noise if we played a more attacking exciting brand of footy , jacks first 2 goals we seemed to make a bit of noise..

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon it’s harder to get to games so we don’t get the numbers we used to.

Also, winning does dampen the frustration I used to experience - I can sit back and think, well two flags over the last two years ain’t so bad.

I had the same feeling in 2018, I was gutted we lost that prelim but could go back to that happy place knowing we had won the year before - life wasn’t quite so bad after all.

Don’t get me wrong - I really want to max out on our current form at the top and believe we should win the next 2 if we can get our best players firing at the right time.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There wouldve been an extra 20k if the AFL didn't charge an extra $40-$80 on top of the membership to get a seat.

Reactions: 5 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Great thread. I think not being able to sit or stand in your usual position next to the people you usually sit with also makes a difference.

We need to lift against the dogs and act like the underdogs.
Probably don't need to act, pretty sure we will be.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
Ya gotta love our cheer squad but ffs can they come up with anything other than “Richmond..clap clap clap...” x 5 ?

(First world issues, I know.)
I know what you mean Red. This is where the Grog Squad excels

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
i used to go to 5 or 6 games a season but its hard now, ticketing rubbish, 6 hour return drive, cant sit/stand where i want.
I go to 1 match a year now,

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I know what you mean Red. This is where the Grog Squad excels

Need 80,000 doing that “Cmooon youuuu Tiiiiiges” like they do in the EPL. Soul stirring. (Think I heard the GS doing that a few years ago. I like it.)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Need 80,000 doing that “Cmooon youuuu Tiiiiiges” like they do in the EPL. Soul stirring. (Think I heard the GS doing that a few years ago. I like it.)
I went to a Premier League game a couple of years back and their constant chanting is something to we have never achieved at the football.

• Love

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I went to a Premier League game a couple of years back and their constant chanting is something to we have never achieved at the football.
That's only because they've got *smile* all else to entertain them except get on the *smile* n sing songs.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It sounds ok for a while but not for 90 minutes. Plus we watch the game, they spend most of it abusing the opposition

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It’s very noticeable.

We’re incredibly soft as well when it comes to the bs umpiring we receive. Other supporters carve up and influence them (eg Scumwood fans) but we’re as docile as stunned possums and just sit there and take it.

We try, but they just don't stop screwing us no matter how much s*** we give them.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I reckon the cheering usually only comes when it's close or late in the game. Even the Dees fans onlyn found their voice late in the last after they'd had a few glasses of chardy.

Definitely a sense of helplessness when it comes to the umpiring. So many teams seem to get the rub of the green with the home ground but not us.
The stats back up that we've been pummeled for years by the umps regardless of the noise we make.