which coach had the best dummy spit?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

which coach had the best dummy spit??

which coach had the best dummy spit??

• David Parkin

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Ken Judge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danny Frawley

• Malcolm Blight

• Tony Jewel

• Peter Schwab (before health scare)

• Terry wallace

• Ron Barassi

• Total voters

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Have a vote.
The coaches I've listed have had some very memorable dummy spits. Lets see who's the most memorable.
For me it's a toss-up between Tony Jewel and David Parkin.

If I've missed any classics please send a reply and let us know. :D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Will never forget Tony Jewell literally tearing his hair out in the coaches' box at the 'G

Danny's water bottle chucking fit when were 42 points up on Essendon in the last quarter wasn't bad either. Someone beside him forgot to tell him we were winning ;D.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
That's the one I went for MT. Absolute classic. But I also remember a classic where David Parkin was going off on the phone and then he proceeded to continually smash it on the bench. I can't quite remember who the player was on the other end.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Can we have a brief rundown of them all for those of us too young to remember....haha as if. ;)

I remember Danny's water botte one....gee great memory going back that far. ;D

Remember Parkin's phone episode and TJ's hair pulling.

Was it Malcom Blight who left the coaches box early and walked out on the team?

This is a slightly related article from realfooty about a few coaches differing ways of cracking them with their teams.
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/26/1053801345158.html

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Blight has had a few he got my vote. Thats right Rosy he walked off on the team with 5 minutes left to play went into the dressing rooms to sulk. This was against the Tigers from memory and also after we had beaten 'em at the 'G I think it was, was the day he made THAT call on David Pittman(the most pathetic ruckman ever! my arse, what about Lounder??)
I am sure there are a few others from Blighty....

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
What about Neil Balme? I don't know if you would consider that a dummy spit in the mould of some of the others, but I still can't help laughing about that one.

That was where Jeff Farmer handballed over the top to Garry Lyon in the square, who wasn't quite ready for it. Or something like that, someone who remembers better might be able to fill us in. But I can still see Balmey's reaction ... an absolute classic.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
MC was that the one where he went all red in the face and looked like he was about to collapse?? If it was the same one, he really looked like he really needed an epidural...Stat. ;D

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I've got a couple of others also...

Ken Sheldon when he was coaching the Saints in the early 90s when he ran down from the coaches box and grabbed Craig Davenport.

Mal Brown when he was coaching in Perth when he ripped the microphone form the reporter and tried to tear it apart.

Or what about the NRL coach a couple of weeks ago who slapped one of his players. I'd love Spud to do that to King....or Bidders....or Pettifer...

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Don't recall the red face tiga, but his eyes were rolling around in his head in total disbelief at what he had just seen and he was just talking to himself and wondering what the heck was going on. He was mostly pretty calm, compared to some of the other examples given, but his reaction and the expression on his face told the story. I'm sure it'll get shown again at some stage, somewhere.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
ROFLMAO to all the posts here. I love it when coaches do a dummy spit.

Mick Malthouse in the grand final was not so much a dummy spit as an out and out sook. :'(

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Boss, The coach (Nathan Brown)who slapped the player (trent Barrett) Copped a beating in the media up here. In fact I support the rugby league team involved (StGeorge Illawarra) and after that incident the coach was extremely regretful and in the following weeks they beat the two sides that have been predicted to play in the Grand Final (Roosters and Bulldogs) so maybe there is a place for giving a player who's not performing a slap across the chops. Last week Nathan also copped a $10000 fine for saying that an on field official was F*%king disgraceful. He just said what we all wanted to say! Ahhh a breath of fresh air if you ask me!! ;D

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Blight walked around the boundary when we beat the crows in adelaide in 98 for memory

we ran all over the top of them in the last quarter and it was all too much for Blighty

As for the Pittman comments, i think they might have been in 1997, not sure though

C'mon rosy, your the trivia buff around here, help us out

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAO! That little baby photo is a laugh! For anyone wondering about the encryption just under the baby's face it says "I THINK I JUST *smile* MY PANTS" ahahah! Look for that face on Pettifer just before every contest presents itself.

Tiga, its not a self portrait at the moment, but its a state I'm looking to work myself into by the time I'm 40 ;D
As a side note, when I was a little younger and collected comics I used to know a guy exactly like this dude. Sarcastic, has all the good merchandise, an air of superiority, overweight etc.. LMAO, when i saw the comic book guy on the Simpsons I absolutely cracked up.

Go Tiges!

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Thanks JF. It's a pretty funny baby photo isn't it. The reason why I put it on was because it reminded me of the look on Pettifers face when he had that altercation with Daniel Ward in the match against the D's! ;D

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Well Tony Jewel's hair tearing "Yeah Yeah"dummy spit has taken it out closely followed by both David Parkin's ad for Telstra and Malcolm Blight's Siegfried & Roy impersonation! ;D
Thanks to the all the loyal regulars who voted.