Which current 1-4 year player do you expect to go Bang! in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which current 1-4 year player do you expect to go Bang! in 2022

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Everyone is concentrating on the draft and rightly so but if Richmond have any chance of regenerating whilst still contending a couple of our 1-4 year players must come through.

Anyone willing to back anyone in?

I'll go:

1) RCD - I still have faith that he will form part of our next gen midfield as a stoppage player at his core but a goal kicking midfielder as well. If he can get his mind about resting forward I see no reason why he couldn't be damaging there also. I am not overlooking his weaknesses in defensive running and sometimes dawdling from stoppage to stoppage but I just have this feeling next year we will see the positives outshine the negatives.

2) Hugo - Big call but in a couple of VFL games thought he did quite well off half back and run and carry was good, looked a little shaky at AFL but still some promising signs too. Not sure half back is his spot as he was played wing and forward as well in VFL. Similar to Balta who was thrown around everywhere I am hoping they settle Hugo into role that he can sink his teeth into. I am expecting he would have put on a bit more weight and his athleticism is already there.

Without a doubt Stackman would be no 1 on talent but as he was only given a 1 year deal with incentive clauses to perform/make the right choices he appears to still be somewhat on trial with the club so i can't quite put Syd in the 'I EXPECT' category rather the 'I AM HOPEFUL' basket. My first eyeballs on him the other week looked promising.

I expected more from Dow last year but know he started behind with appendix op and then another disrupted Covid VFL season. (Still like him).
Ross had a monster pre-season last year which didn't lead to any progress, match committee trying him off half back didn't help I reckon he is inside mid or bust. (Jury Out)
Will Martyn also an inside mid only IMO and got caught out in his 1st outing and appeared slow but has had some good VFL form. (Jury Out).
Miller (Still Jury Out for mine but I see more confidence in himself and some progression so still an interesting prospect)

Junior, Samson (No expectations just looking forward to watching them develop).
Mate` - Yet to play a game in anger and has hardly trained so not possible to form an opinion other than he is very tall :)

Crying out for someone to step up to replace Aarts, (If Cumberland is re-drafted it will be an intriguing watch)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If they let Ross play as an inside bull I reckon he's prime to explode. Hugo may not get as many games if we're injury free and the DRioli HBF experiment continues but he looked very good.

Junior will have a couple of cameos which we'll all blow out of proportion.

and of course Mate

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I'm backing in your two. I think the club has always expected RCD to be a slow burn. The trajectory will be up.
Hugo - I like his athleticism. I think he's looking pretty fit according to the propaganda. We need someone to step up on a wing.
I'm also expecting Dow to play about half a season and demonstrate he will succeed at the level.
Ross will be fine, if they put him in the middle. He'll fail if they try anything else.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
My close contact to Shai tells me that he has been working really hard this off season with the aim of going to another level next year.

But he also tells me the penny has dropped for Stack, and he is working his bum off.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
My close contact to Shai tells me that he has been working really hard this off season with the aim of going to another level next year.

But he also tells me the penny has dropped for Stack, and he is working his bum off.

I did see Syd the other day and he looked ripped!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’m gunna go with Noah Cumberland. Free from injuries, he’s pretty dynamic, good to watch.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Man if Stack can get to his potential and Bolton goes up a level...hubba hubba

Reactions: 7 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I have 3 I think are locks to be good players Syd, Dow and Hugo , I also like Mansell, MartYn and Cumberland ,however all have queries at this point , the rest all have some talent and could come on or just be meh.

Huggggggggggggge draft this one

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Stacky certainly looks good on Insta, looks like he's been doing a fair amount of work at the club even before the players are back for pre-season. Only played 7 games this year so could have a big impact in terms of team improvement next year.

The other 2 for me are Dow and Hugo. Hugo has a spot on the wing if he wants it. Looked like he has bulked up in an image from a few weeks ago. Dow also for me has something and I reckon next year could be the year he steps up to be a first team regular.

The other one that I think could impact next year is Cumberland. Reckon we are crying out for replacing Aarts in the forward line and he could be the man.

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Stacky, Ross The Boss & RCD hoping all take it up a notch in 2022

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Stack. Not sure if expecting is the right term, maybe a bit too definite, but I have high hopes. Without a doubt the most talented youngster we have at the club and one of the most talented players I have seen come to RFC in the last 6-8 years.
Outside him "Slow burn" Collier-Dawkins has got better every year and I expect him to do so again
Smoky is Ben Miller

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
eggs on the otherhand looks like hes really embraced the amateur diet, and shrewdly dons the tshirt in the group shot

eggs on the otherhand looks like hes really embraced the amateur diet, and shrewdly dons the tshirt in the group shot

Well Eggs has moved to Collingwood and today they signed a new 4 year sponsorship with KFC, Stacky spewing he has missed out on Eggs KFC for life deal ;) :)

• Wow

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Stack completes a full preseason get ready for Norwich rising star.
He is far our best prospect in the kids