Which current 1-4 year player do you expect to go Bang! in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which current 1-4 year player do you expect to go Bang! in 2022

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Expecting to improve and step up to AFL level? That is very difficult.

RCD I expect to get better. The extra fitness training he appears to be doing should help and I still reckon he can step up. I'm expecting it this year or bust.

Sydeney Stackman - yeah, couple of years older and sounding like he has matured, I expect him to cement a spot in the seniors and show us his talent.

Ross - can't see it I'm afraid. My one hope is that the injury after Fyfe stepped on his ankle really was the reason he has been down. If that has been hampering him and he is now over it then I can see Ross making a big step up.

Ralphsmith - hmm, bit of a maybe, I'm thinking more 2023.

Sampson I think could step up late in 2022 but I expect him to go bang in 2023 really. He has the weapons but they need time to develop.

Miller I reckon will not so much go bang but slowly improve and get to the level of a reliable defender. Can he get to the point where he is a regular first 22? No idea actually, but while I can't see him ever being a star I can see him reliably holding down a forward each week.

Dow I am not so sure about, another I would think more in 2023 than next year.

As for that Ben Griffiths fellow mentioned above, I still think he's a couple of years off!

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
RCD,Stack and maybe Dow and HRS

We also desperately need those young veteran types to have big years , especially Shai and Noah..

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008

RCD I expect to get better. The extra fitness training he appears to be doing should help and I still reckon he can step up. I'm expecting it this year or bust.

Sydeney Stackman - yeah, couple of years older and sounding like he has matured, I expect him to cement a spot in the seniors and show us his talent.

Ross - can't see it I'm afraid. My one hope is that the injury after Fyfe stepped on his ankle really was the reason he has been down. If that has been hampering him and he is now over it then I can see Ross making a big step up.

Sampson I think could step up late in 2022 but I expect him to go bang in 2023 really. He has the weapons but they need time to develop.

Miller I reckon will not so much go bang but slowly improve and get to the level of a reliable defender. Can he get to the point where he is a regular first 22? No idea actually, but while I can't see him ever being a star I can see him reliably holding down a forward each week.

As for that Ben Griffiths fellow mentioned above, I still think he's a couple of years off!

DS
Agree broadly with each of your summaries.
Stack the stand-out and the rest to remain fringe in 2022.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Stack, if fit and focused, will be back to what he showed in 2018 and more. So much talent.

Reactions: 1 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Stacky will power on and become what we hope for , but I think Nigel will surprise many and become a favourite of many. Big improvement there.

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
My close contact to Shai tells me that he has been working really hard this off season with the aim of going to another level next year.

But he also tells me the penny has dropped for Stack, and he is working his bum off.
Two bits of heartening news. Both have talent to burn so it should be an exciting season ahead

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

DS
I know I am like a broken record but reckon Ben Miller will come on strong and will be fighting Tarrant for a place in the first from mid season. Either that Balta going forward and Miller slotting in his place

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon we will see a more assured and attacking Balta (the Tarrant affect). bang bang

Stack will repeat his first year form. Thats a bang

RCD showed enough and will get better but not with a full bang, maybe half a.

Is that enough to climb back into the 4 I am not sure.

If Hugo and Ross can improve a little, that’s a positive, but can’t see a bang effect with these two.

The unknown is the impact our draftees will have. I am hoping we will a boost from 1 or 2 of them during the season or junior who has the potential to go bang, could be 22 or could be later.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Stack looks in ripping nick. Not just Sydney fit but really fit. I’m impressed already. He’s my number one and like dropping in an elite player for 2022. Fingers crossed.

And RCD. Huge strides this year. Showed a heap. Very tough start to his career with COVID interruptions. He’s our 190cm on baller we need to improve.

Reactions: 2 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
RCD - unlike a lot I really rate this kid. If he gets himself fit enough we have to give him a proper chance. Needs to be primarily in the centre.
Dow - Maybe not next year. Covid has ruined these kids development. But his hands are so clean I can’t see him not making it.

Stack - He is ridiculously talented but I’m still not sold him him having his head right enough to be more than a good player. Could prove me wrong and I hope he does but just not sure.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I know I am like a broken record but reckon Ben Miller will come on strong and will be fighting Tarrant for a place in the first from mid season. Either that Balta going forward and Miller slotting in his place
Hope you are proved correct as we are extremely light on for key position players, (in fact he is the only one that can be mentioned in this thread), and people want us to draft 5 mdidfielders :rolleyes:

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Sydney Stackery, Hugo Boss and Maurice Ravioli
Remember when Edwards would come back every year that little bit better until he was an absolute star? I’m hoping that Rioli the older does the same and becomes a better version of Houli. Faster, better mark and kicks more goals.
Rioli jnr - hoping he gets half a season under his belt in the seniors.
Balta has a ton of improvement in him - I think we’re going to see him show some real maturity in his game.
Soldo will be like an experienced new recruit - which he practically is anyway.
And Miller - he’s got the raw tools - exceptional athlete - once he starts to believe he belongs he’s going to be a monster.

Reactions: 2 users