Which former 2018 Tiger has done best at his new club? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which former 2018 Tiger has done best at his new club?

Whacker

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2010
With H&A season coming to an end, interested to hear what people think in regard our 5 "depth" players (Lloyd, Conca, Miles, Ellis & Stengle) who have moved to new clubs in 2019. I would rank the top 3 in regard impact as follows:

#1 - Lloyd, played every game, Bulldogs leading goal scorer (35 with next best on 29), his new team are currently in the 8 and hot favourites to stay there, playing the Crows in Ballarat who have the worse case of GF loss PTSD, since Collingwood lost to Carlton in 1970.

#2 - Conca, played every game, averaging just over 20 disposals a game and 4 tackles a game, which is probably similar to his RFC stats. Very similar impact at Flockers as at RFC - to use a Dyerism - "a good ordinary player!"

#3 - Miles, played 17 matches, averaging 21 disposals and 4 tackles a game which are I suspect are lower than his RFC numbers and given he now spends most of his time on the ball, is probably a bit of surprise.

Ellis' (4 matches) & Stengle's (2 matches) years, speak for themselves.

Of the 5, I would only have back Sammy Lloyd, but very pleased for him that he has made such a great impact for his new club. Just hope he (or any of his teammates) don't play RFC again this year!!!

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Lloyd and Conca were both 20-25 players for us. Either just in the best 22 or just out. If they were still at Richmond they would have played every game this year, injury permitting.

Consequently, we would not have been able to give so many opportunities to Stack, Bolton, Baker and Ross. They would have had a few cameos each, much like Naish and Eggy. Maybe one of them may have played 10-15 games

Sometimes, you need to make these gutsy calls. Get them right and they will stand you in good stead.

Hopefully, Lloyd doesn’t bite us in the finals.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With H&A season coming to an end, interested to hear what people think in regard our 5 "depth" players (Lloyd, Conca, Miles, Ellis & Stengle) who have moved to new clubs in 2019. I would rank the top 3 in regard impact as follows:

#1 - Lloyd, played every game, Bulldogs leading goal scorer (35 with next best on 29), his new team are currently in the 8 and hot favourites to stay there, playing the Crows in Ballarat who have the worse case of GF loss PTSD, since Collingwood lost to Carlton in 1970.

#2 - Conca, played every game, averaging just over 20 disposals a game and 4 tackles a game, which is probably similar to his RFC stats. Very similar impact at Flockers as at RFC - to use a Dyerism - "a good ordinary player!"

#3 - Miles, played 17 matches, averaging 21 disposals and 4 tackles a game which are I suspect are lower than his RFC numbers and given he now spends most of his time on the ball, is probably a bit of surprise.

Ellis' (4 matches) & Stengle's (2 matches) years, speak for themselves.

Of the 5, I would only have back Sammy Lloyd, but very pleased for him that he has made such a great impact for his new club. Just hope he (or any of his teammates) don't play RFC again this year!!!
Lloyd for me, he's had a good year with the Dogs, could've been a great year if he'd kicked straighter.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Gut feel is docklands suits Lloyd. Great to see such a team-oriented guy having such an impact and getting to play AFL each week.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Lloyd and Conca were both 20-25 players for us. Either just in the best 22 or just out. If they were still at Richmond they would have played every game this year, injury permitting.

Consequently, we would not have been able to give so many opportunities to Stack, Bolton, Baker and Ross. They would have had a few cameos each, much like Naish and Eggy. Maybe one of them may have played 10-15 games

Sometimes, you need to make these gutsy calls. Get them right and they will stand you in good stead.

Agree TOT - if they were still playing with us I doubt somehow that we would be in such a good position at the moment.

Players like stack, Bolton, Ross and Baker have all given the team a big lift at different stages during the season that I doubt conca, Lloyd etc could have given us.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Lloyd by a country mile. Has kicked 35 goals and 14 goal assists. Those figures at the Tigers would have him 2nd best in both categories.

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Lloydy comfortably. His, Conca's and Miles' success give value to our depth players, this should translate into reasonable offers for Townsend, Menadue, and maybe Cal Moore should the decision be to let them go.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Lloyd and Concs have both killed it for their respective roles and abilities. Both are doing exactly what they did for us, only difference is Lloydy gets more games and has a more settled role, neither of which he had with us. He would got even less games with us with Lynchy's recruitment. Concs was just in our best 22, and a brilliant 'just', but he's best 14 or 16 for Freo.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Whoever gave away our first rounder to get Ellis needs to change occupation immediately

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

This is gospel.