while im being nostalgic | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

while im being nostalgic

alleycat

I'm a llama!
Aug 9, 2003
Frankston
i was just thinking of some great past players and michael mitchell springs to mind remeber his great goal at the scg where he almost ran the whole distance and that great mark he took, if it wasnt for injuries he would have been a champ. wasnt it allan bond that brought over him and peter wilson?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I sure do remember that goal, and especially that mark, as I was at the game.
Did he win mark and goal of the year in the same season?
I'm not sure whether Alan Bond brought him and Wilson over, but it would of been about the same time.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
i believe he won mark of the year, but not saw of goal of the year.

Michael Mitchell was a champion. Wore no 7 and ran like a Melbourne Cup winner.

Shame he had to retire early due to all the concussions he suffered

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Mick Martyn actually kicked him in the head at a practise match at Bayswater, he was never the same after that, had to give it away.
Great bloke who used to cut lawns when he wasnt at training.

HK Tiger

Tiger Tough
Nov 2, 2003
michael mitchell was an absolute star. His magic was fantastic, in fact Marty mcGrath reminded me of him. You are right the concussions he got finally made him give it away - bloody shame. the umpires never protected him he always was flattened in most games. Anyone kknow where he is now???