Who are our well known/celebrity supporters? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are our well known/celebrity supporters?

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
MG said:
Great call. Interviewed by Tim Watson before todays Anzac game. The audio cut away for a moment but pretty sure Norman said he was a "pie guy"
It looked like he pointed to someone and said "ah, a pie guy".

Anyway, here's a photo from Flea's book with Norman holding the 1980 premiership cup.

2013-04-25152041_zpsed6367da.jpg

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
tigers80 said:
just reading the HUN...

Andrew Bolt claims to be Tiger man...

great who wants this whack job as tiger supporter..

NOOOooooooooooooooo. damn and *smile*. can't be true, please, anyone but him. I'd rather Clive Palmer

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
This Is Anfield said:
Very much true - nice double act for you with Steve Price ;D

No problems with Price. Don't agree with his politics, but he's dignified, respectful and honest. Bolt is a force of evil.

This Is Anfield

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2013
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
No problems with Price. Don't agree with his politics, but he's dignified, respectful and honest. Bolt is a force of evil.

Haha! The list grows - Hitler, Caligula, Stalin, Ted Bundy, Andrew Bolt................

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
This Is Anfield said:
Haha! The list grows - Hitler, Caligula, Stalin, Ted Bundy, Andrew Bolt................

List is always growing Anfield. Plus, forces of evil can have all sorts of levels of influence. I had a mother in law once who was a force of evil.

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
Ashleigh Barty mixing up her pre-season training routine ahead of Australian Open
BRUCE MATTHEWS HERALD SUN DECEMBER 05, 2013 10:00PM

SPEED work on Collingwood's sprint track, sweating on an exercise bike in Richmond's heat chamber and endurance laps around Melbourne's training oval.

That's the AFL mix of rising young tennis ace Ashleigh Barty's pre-season training to prepare for the Australian Open and her first full year on the women's tour in 2014.

Based at the national tennis centre at Melbourne Park, Barty and her team, coach Jason Stoltenberg and trainer Matt Hornsby, are using facilities of the three neighbouring AFL clubs to bring her to a fitness peak for home tournaments this summer and overseas next year.

"The tennis pre-season is pretty short and we decided not to take any time off this year to maximise the time we have,'' Barty said.

"I just have to work my body so it allows me to do what I want to do on court. I just need to be fit to play matches. This national tennis centre has got everything we need. And Richmond footy club are great to me.''

Barty, runner-up in the Australian, Wimbledon and US doubles finals with Casey Dellacqua, is an avid Richmond supporter and Hornsby was Tiger coach Damien Hardwick's elite performance manager at Punt Rd.

"I love the Tigers, I've always loved them. I've got a bit of a friendship with a few of the boys. I love going over there and watching them train, seeing other athletes prepare,'' the Queensland teenager said.

"We're in totally different situations. Some times they say they would love to travel the world and there are times when I'd love to stay in Australia for the whole year.

"I'm watching every game that I can. I can't live without my laptop (computer) and I love to watch the games, even if it's two or three o'clock in the morning.''

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/ashleigh-barty-mixing-up-her-preseason-training-routine-ahead-of-australian-open/story-fnibcgxs-1226776362538

Great to see Richmond forming an unofficial partnership with Ash. Maybe we should put a tennis court at Punt Road...

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
tigersnake said:
I had a mother in law once who was a force of evil.

are you poetically borrowing my MIL snake? Glad for you to help carry my load brother.
TJsFurrow said:
I fully expected someone to be claiming Nelson Mandela when I saw this thread.

Its not a widely known fact that Nelson had a poster of Phil Egan on the wall of his cell on Roban island

tigersnake said:
NOOOooooooooooooooo. damn and sh!t. can't be true, please, anyone but him. I'd rather Clive Palmer

X2. I'd rather steven dank as my naturopath than this *smile* a tiger :-\ dissapointing

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
George McEncroe, comedian & occasional ABC radio host, displays a superior intellect.

She used to barrack for Carlton, got disgusted with Judd's antics and has now switched to Richmond.

I've always asserted that true footy followers don't switch clubs but the exception to that rule is if they have been brought up to follow Carlton it is entirely understandable and should be encouraged.