Who are we supporting to win the flag now we are out? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are we supporting to win the flag now we are out?

Now we are out who do we support now to win the flag

• Geelong

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Sydney

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • The team playing Geelong

Votes: 68 38.6%

• Total voters

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Another reason to support Geelong is because there are an awful lot of :poop: sandwiches going to be consumed on this forum, bypeople who make comments like that.:ROFLMAO:
Would rather prick my eyeballs with a toothpick then having Moe By The Sea win the flag.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
people are gonna hate me for this but Geelong.

Freo, Dogs and Lions can't win it. Collingwood doesn’t have the talent. Sydney are still 2 years away from their window.

It comes down to Melbourne or Geelong. If Melbourne go back to back they could potentially rival our era. And Geelong probably deserve one after many years of consistency.
I agree with the first part.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Has there ever been a more hated Club then the Geelong football club of 2022 ? Only Carlton since it’s inception could possibly come close

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Geelong's record in making 7 out of 11 prelims or whatever this year will make it is absolutely remarkable, for me it slots right in a rung below the multiple premiership winning sides of the modern era. I also think Chris Scott is clearly the best coach in the competition and doesn't get the credit he deserves and a flag would be fair reward for him.
i liken Geelong and Salty to the Greek myth of Sisyphus, the king of Corinth who Zeus punished by getting him
to roll a huge boulder uphill only for it to roll down the hill when he almost reached the top. For eternity.

long may Geelongs Prelim losses continue ....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
i liken Geelong and Salty to the Greek myth of Sisyphus, the king of Corinth who Zeus punished by getting him
to roll a huge boulder uphill only for it to roll down the hill when he almost reached the top. For eternity.

long may Geelongs Prelim losses continue ....

Now that is how you dislike a team. :clap2

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I also think Chris Scott is clearly the best coach in the competition and doesn't get the credit he deserves and a flag would be fair reward for him.
A better coach than Dimma? The man who took an absolute rabble from the depths of despair to 3 flags and a PF in a 4 year period and was a key architect in changing the culture of the entire club? As compared to a coach that inherited arguably the best list in the AFL, was gifted a premiership in his first year, and has not won one since? With arguably the biggest home ground advantage that gives a head start to every season? Nah.

I can't stand Salty as he just comes across as a whining entitled *smile*. That said I acknowledge that his ability to keep the team contending annual is a very good achievement. But a better coach than Dimma? No way.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Hey thanks Ian, hard to get any support at all for the Cats here. Felt for your mob last night. Ya got some decent kids coming thorough though
It's only because your coach is a complete whining *smile* and your captain whinges to the umpires for free kicks all game. Dangerfield is a self promoting wanker and Stewart got away with murder when he took Prestia out of the game earlier this year; then we all had to endure everyone from Geelong, including the coach, telling us what a fantastic bloke poor old Tom is and how sorry they were for him. Whilst there was little remorse shown for what happened to Prestia and we all knew they were secretly chuffed that Stewart deliberately took him out as it won them the game. Oh and Hawkins is a cheat who gets away with illegal shoves and pushes and destroyed Soldo's knee. And Jeremy Cameron is a dirty prick.

Otherwise Geelong is okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
A better coach than Dimma? The man who took an absolute rabble from the depths of despair to 3 flags and a PF in a 4 year period and was a key architect in changing the culture of the entire club? As compared to a coach that inherited arguably the best list in the AFL, was gifted a premiership in his first year, and has not won one since? With arguably the biggest home ground advantage that gives a head start to every season? Nah.

It's all hypothetical but if we were able to send the exact same 22 out for both sides and play I'd have Scott over Hardwick without question. (I should have said match day coach, Hardwick's strength is in other areas).

People like to use the same two things to knock Scott's record, but you never get gifted an AFL premiership, regardless of what list you have. To win one at any time is a great achievement and shouldn't be diminished because it happened in unusual circumstances.

Secondly the home ground thing. The bloke has the best home and away record of all time in terms of winning percentage by coaches with over 100 games in charge. They don't play every game at home. We are actually witnessing one of the great moments in the history of the game and few people acknowledge it because they don't like the bloke.

• Haha
  • Wow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
People like to use the same two things to knock Scott's record, but you never get gifted an AFL premiership, regardless of what list you have. To win one at any time is a great achievement and shouldn't be diminished because it happened in unusual circumstances.
Yet you seem to diminish Dimma's achievement of winning three flags in comparison to Scott's one flag. Bizarre.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Hey thanks Ian, hard to get any support at all for the Cats here. Felt for your mob last night. Ya got some decent kids coming thorough though

Why are you looking for support for your mob on a Richmond forum?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
On the Collingwood hate scale, Geelong doesn't even register. I always liked watching Stevie J and Little Gazza playing. I'd like to see Freo grab their first but reckon the Cats have been the best so far.
Craig McCrae is a star coach, but surely their luck runs out soon.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We are actually witnessing one of the great moments in the history of the game and few people acknowledge it because they don't like the bloke.
One of the greatest moments in the history of the game? Please. Hyperbole in the extreme.

No one cares how many regular season games he wins. It's about flags. If he gets another couple he will be acknowledged accordingly.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's only because your coach is a complete whining *smile* and your captain whinges to the umpires for free kicks all game. Dangerfield is a self promoting wanker and Stewart got away with murder when he took Prestia out of the game earlier this year; then we all had to endure everyone from Geelong, including the coach, telling us what a fantastic bloke poor old Tom is and how sorry they were for him. Whilst there was little remorse shown for what happened to Prestia and we all knew they were secretly chuffed that Stewart deliberately took him out as it won them the game. Oh and Hawkins is a cheat who gets away with illegal shoves and pushes and destroyed Soldo's knee. And Jeremy Cameron is a dirty prick.

Otherwise Geelong is okay.
:clap2:clap2:clap2

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
On the Collingwood hate scale, Geelong doesn't even register. I always liked watching Stevie J and Little Gazza playing. I'd like to see Freo grab their first but reckon the Cats have been the best so far.
Craig McCrae is a star coach, but surely their luck runs out soon.
I admired Geelong when Thompson coached them. A great team with great players who played an attractive brand of footy.

I have nothing but disdain for the Salty coached Cats.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I admired Geelong when Thompson coached them. A great team with great players who played an attractive brand of footy.

I have nothing but disdain for the Salty coached Cats.
But who else will be our bitches in finals?