Who do we select with our first pick in the 2021 draft?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who do we select with our first pick in the 2021 draft??

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
With all those picks i hate to be our list manager.
Who gets delisted?
Houli (ret)
Garth/Naish/Miller/Chol under the pump.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Who gets delisted?
Houli (ret)
Believe we've still got a couple of vacancies on our list at the moment. Could be that the try outs aren't up to required potential so we keep some spare space.
Thinking Bash n Jaaack might be closest to retiring by seasons end, then there's always a couple of fringies that simply don't step up to the regular senior mark.
Plus the ever present possibility that someone gets traded out or wants to go back to home state, perhaps for more future draft picks.

Doubt that it will be too hard refreshing the list at seasons end, biggest job in the club being list manager. Get it right n it's sunshine n roses someone's a legend, get it wrong n it's that *smile* in charge of the cesspit.

Reactions: 1 user

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Believe we've still got a couple of vacancies on our list at the moment. Could be that the try outs aren't up to required potential so we keep some spare space.
Thinking Bash n Jaaack might be closest to retiring by seasons end, then there's always a couple of fringies that simply don't step up to the regular senior mark.
Plus the ever present possibility that someone gets traded out or wants to go back to home state, perhaps for more future draft picks.

Doubt that it will be too hard refreshing the list at seasons end, biggest job in the club being list manager. Get it right n it's sunshine n roses someone's a legend, get it wrong n it's that *smile* in charge of the cesspit.
Good points.Tend to agree in regards to Jack and i wouldn't discount Cotch either.If those 3 legends do retire i think it will lead to us making a huge play for someone.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I’ll keep an eye on Lachlan Rankin ranked 23 on the above list. From the same football factory as Will Phillips and Bailey Laurie. Great kid, super dedicated, high footy IQ, strong endurance. Is still really skinny and needs to slap on some size which he is working on but looking at his frame he will always be a skinny kid.
in the Vic Metro squad.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Who gets delisted?
Houli (ret)
Houli, Naish, Miller and Garth definitely gone. If Chol improves his intensity then he has enough talent to stay.

Jack and Cotch also likely to retire.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Who gets delisted?
Houli (ret)
I don't think the Tigers will take all of those picks to the draft.

It looks on face value that like weve stockpiled top picks deliberately to try and trade in a player or two (who I have no Idea).

With 3 or 4 picks still for drafting kids for list depth development.

Key Forwards and Backs will be required this season especially if Chol and Miller don't make it, and Garth likely on his last legs.

Dave and Jack are near finished also.

Admittedly all of those picks at the draft would make a pretty exciting draft haul if we got it right on.

Right now, Houli I expect to retire and Naish, Garth, Miller and Chol I agree are all the most likely departures at this stage unless they have a huge turn around in their form and impact.

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Was talking with a good friend who is a Richmond supporter and he was concerned about Bolton going back to WA and the conversation went a strange way and we came to the conclusion that if he did decide to leave to go home it would most likely be to fremantle. and with freo most likely finishing bottom 6/7 that would be a good pick in return for Bolton (neither of us want him to leave but if he did) That pick would just about ensure we would get Van Rooyen who most likely to be the best KPF in this years draft.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Houli, Naish, Miller and Garth definitely gone. If Chol improves his intensity then he has enough talent to stay.

Jack and Cotch also likely to retire.
I don't think the Tigers will take all of those picks to the draft.

It looks on face value that like weve stockpiled top picks deliberately to try and trade in a player or two (who I have no Idea).

With 3 or 4 picks still for drafting kids for list depth development.

Key Forwards and Backs will be required this season especially if Chol and Miller don't make it, and Garth likely on his last legs.

Dave and Jack are near finished also.

Admittedly all of those picks at the draft would make a pretty exciting draft haul if we got it right on.

Right now, Houli I expect to retire and Naish, Garth, Miller and Chol I agree are all the most likely departures at this stage unless they have a huge turn around in their form and impact.
Think we'll keep 2 of 3(Miller/Garth/Chol) unless we go after someone like a Bander{wce} or similar.
Of our list the KP's are a worry.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Was talking with a good friend who is a Richmond supporter and he was concerned about Bolton going back to WA and the conversation went a strange way and we came to the conclusion that if he did decide to leave to go home it would most likely be to fremantle. and with freo most likely finishing bottom 6/7 that would be a good pick in return for Bolton (neither of us want him to leave but if he did) That pick would just about ensure we would get Van Rooyen who most likely to be the best KPF in this years draft.
I very much doubt Bolton will go back to WA. Carr will want him just down the road so he can keep an eye on him and ensure he gets his commission. Harder to manage a player in WA than it is in Victoria.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Regarding Bolton.....

I have some good connections to the family. He is very happy at Punt Road.

The only thing that worries me here is that the rumours of Cerra coming to us continue over here. Any such move would surely have to involve Bolton

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Regarding Bolton.....

The only thing that worries me here is that the rumours of Cerra coming to us continue over here. Any such move would surely have to involve Bolton
:nono

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Regarding Bolton.....

I'd hope not, theres not a lot of logic in replacing Shai with another player that plays his position. I'd also think that Shai would be worth more than Cerra.

Reactions: 6 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Regarding Bolton.....

Or Geelong finishing in the bottom 5 :)

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'd hope not, theres not a lot of logic in replacing Shai with another player that plays his position. I'd also think that Shai would be worth more than Cerra.
Me too. Any trade for Shai would have to involve a whole lot more than Cerra.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Me too. Any trade for Shai would have to involve a whole lot more than Cerra.
In his own way, Shai's looking to be as talented as any other indigenous player that's gone before. Often plays the game in his own space n time with his own footy.
If he did want to go home to W.A. Then Cerra ( if he's as good as suggested ) plus the Frockers first rounder might be a base line.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'd have Bolton before Cerra everyday of the week month year and Decade.

Bolton is going to be an out and out star, there is nothing he cannot do.

Bolton is untouchable, loves it at the Tigers and aint going anywhere.

FWIW , Freo would never get Bolton without losing Serong and thats just a starting point.

Reactions: 6 users