Who if not the Tiges | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who if not the Tiges

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
If Richmond merged with North we be called the Richmond Football Club or the Richmond Tigers, still wear the Yellow and Black and have "oh were from TIgerland" as our song, home base would remainPunt Road and home games still played at the MCG.

Sounds about fair. :))

Maybe allow half a dozen odd of their best players to join us as a token gesture.
The logo could be adapted to show our Tiger devouring some of the indigenous fauna, that way they can still keep their roo in the mix.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Are you missing the punishment our Tiges used to give you? If so, you've gone to the right place for perpetual misery.

:rotfl2 that's one of the reasons why I started following the Detroit Tigers many years ago - same team, same animal, different comp.
The other reason is Robocop.

Reactions: 1 user

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
I don't think i'd ever be a fanatical supporter again if we merged or folded, but if, for example, Melbourne got Dusty, Lynch, Vlastuin and Prestia, I would be interested in watching how they went.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
:rotfl2 that's one of the reasons why I started following the Detroit Tigers many years ago - same team, same animal, different comp.
The other reason is Robocop.
Man, Robocop was pretty full-on for it's time. I was living in Detroit when it came out. Suffice to say I didn't go out much.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I remember driving out of the MCG in around 95 when we beat Fitzroy in their last game in Melbourne by a 150 point margin. On my way out I stopped to give way to a couple may be in their 20’s who had Fitzroy scarves hanging from each window.
As they were about to go through in front they both caught the others’ eye and immediately began to weep, and then to cry uncontrollably.
Often wonder what happened to them and their love of the game.
Apart from the loss of a loved one, I can imagine nothing more painful than losing the tigers. I don’t think I could bring my self to support another team. Never want to see anything like that couple again.

Reactions: 5 users