Who if not the Tiges | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who if not the Tiges

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Couldn't follow another team, there's only one Richmond.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
A lot of my family are doggies & bummers supporters, I definitely NOT follow the bummers, so maybe I'd have just a passing interest in the doggies. But I wouldn't be a member or go to games.
I'd return to my roots & follow my old local club. Who as it turns out just happen to be The Tigers as well.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Didn't think they had any, and that's why they were allowed to die.

Bit harsh.... they had their die-hards, just not as many. Relocation is one thing but what they did to Fitzroy was criminal i reckon.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
If Richmond merged with North we be called the Richmond Football Club or the Richmond Tigers, still wear the Yellow and Black and have "oh were from TIgerland" as our song, home base would remainPunt Road and home games still played at the MCG.

Sounds about fair. :))

Maybe allow half a dozen odd of their best players to join us as a token gesture.

And imagine our membership - it’d probably soar to something approaching 106,000

Know it’s hypothetical but reckon a connection with NM would be the only thing to make me toss in my interest in footy

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just listening to Holmsby talk about the death of Fitzroy , made me think what team would I barrack for if the Tiges went extinct? I reckon I’d just give the game away ? Others thoughts ?

I'd move into The Home for Old Richmond Supporters with dementia and alzheimers in Bridge Rd. and just keep on as if nothing had happened.

I'd try share room with an early onset bloke who was there in '17.

actually, since its a hypothetical, I may as well room with a really early onset tiger lady?

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bit harsh.... they had their die-hards, just not as many. Relocation is one thing but what they did to Fitzroy was criminal i reckon.

Yep they had others in the gun before the Roy Boys including us.

Carlton was going to take over the Kangas at one stage, Footscray and Fitzroy was the famous merger stopped by the Doggies fans, and then the shithouse Melbourne Hawthorn merger debacle idea stopped by the Hawks faithful.

They needed someone out to get Port Adelaide in and it just so happened that the mighty Royboys were in their worst position for ever at that time.

The money to save the Roys was there but the Commission decided to get rid of them.

The Roys got killed off as an entity in its own right and the Power entered the comp in 97.

Port actually wanted to get into the VFL earlier when the Crows were admitted, but the SANFL wouldnt allow it, hence the Crows were formed to not damage the SANFL.

Both Port and the Crows have their reserves as part of the SANFL now, with the Crows reserves side filling the hole in the compettion created by the merger of Woodville, and West Torrens.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just listening to Holmsby talk about the death of Fitzroy , made me think what team would I barrack for if the Tiges went extinct? I reckon I’d just give the game away ? Others thoughts ?
Reckon it’d probably be GWS, they have a nice jumper.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
A few years ago I might have taken an interest in one team but it would never have been with the current fervour I have for Richmond.
Now? I reckon within two years I would not even be watching games. Maybe the GF.
Can't watch them now unless Richmond are playing.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
My wife is a mad Collingwood supporter, so Id probably go to Pies matches with her, but I wouldn't really give a *smile*.

P.S. This thread makes me feel a bit sick!

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I have family tie to Carlton so I guess I'd go there. :help It would be pretty weird, although i have grown to like them more since they've been so bad for a couple of decades.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I have family tie to Carlton so I guess I'd go there. :help It would be pretty weird, although i have grown to like them more since they've been so bad for a couple of decades.

You'll change your mind the very next time they beat us, I guarantee.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
You'll change your mind the very next time they beat us, I guarantee.

I was watching them beat somebody last year, after they got their new coach. The crowd was going nuts. It reminded me of us in the bad days. I really enjoyed it.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Once you’ve had caviar you can’t back to chicken sh*t.

I’d be done.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I'd probably pick the Saints. Live in Bayside, quite a few mates here support them & I'd be happy seeing them win a flag after so many years in the wilderness.
i would be the same.
lived in st k before i left oz.
And though i hate to admit it, the mugpies have an admirable club ethos - all together against the rest and all equal .
Wouldnt couldnt ever support em but

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I'd support no other team. I couldn't sell myself out and barrack for a team that used to be the opposition.

I'd ramp up support for the Detroit Tigers in MLB.
Are you missing the punishment our Tiges used to give you? If so, you've gone to the right place for perpetual misery.

• Haha