Who pays for membership renewal stuff up? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who pays for membership renewal stuff up?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Do you know anything about who is responsible for the letters asking people to renew memberships being sent to people who are already members KL?

I'd like to know if it was a mistake at club level or the people who contracted to send the letters out.

There would be a massive cost not only in sending the letters out to the wrong people in the first place, and secondly then to send an apology to everyone as well.

I can't find the apology letter atm, but from memory it gave the firm that did the mail out a pretty good report.

Did they pay for the stuff up, or did we pay?

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Yeah I wondered that too rosy, there was no mention in the letter about who was footing the bill. I took it that they were sharing the costs because the letter came from both CEO's but that was just an impression.

It was pretty silly to send out an explanatory letter without addressing the crucial issue.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Do you know anything about who is responsible for the letters asking people to renew memberships being sent to people who are already members KL?

I'd like to know if it was a mistake at club level or the people who contracted to send the letters out.

There would be a massive cost not only in sending the letters out to the wrong people in the first place, and secondly then to send an apology to everyone as well.

I can't find the apology letter atm, but from memory it gave the firm that did the mail out a pretty good report.

Did they pay for the stuff up, or did we pay?

The Mail Out Company admitted it was their error. They are given access to the Club's Data base - they had a major computer glitch and it read the wrong data base - hence why 22000 people got the letter and the 8000 whoo should have didn't.

My understanding is the costs has been covered by the Mail Out Company and not the Club.

Re: the apology letter - the Club received alot (I mean 1000's) of complaints so it was deceided that an apology letter would mailed out to everyone who received the first letter. Again the cost for sending them out was coverd by the Mail OUt Co.