Who will be the better player? Taranto or Hopper? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who will be the better player? Taranto or Hopper?

Who will end up the better player? Taranto or Hopper?

• Taranto

Votes: 43 44.3%
  • Hopper

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Couldn’t give a rats

Votes: 32 33.0%

• Total voters

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
If they get anywhere near what a fit Prestia has done I will be happy.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Hopper has a few tricks, maneuvers in and out of traffic. Totanto for his $$$ is a terrible kick, would love him to run and handball more than kick it.

Is he a terrible kick ? Just goes under a touch disposal efficiency to Oliver and Bont.

Reactions: 1 user

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Someone with ability may want to create a poll.
I’m on Taranto.
Reckon he’s going to win a B&F by the time he’s finished. Ready to explode
Hard to split.
Taranto Brownlow medalist
Hopper Runner up.
Oh and Dusty 4th Norm just for the melts.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Both have slightly different skill sets but when gelling with our current mids I am more than happy to see them both in Yellow and Black force to be reckoned with

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
It's pretty even. Should they get one of those combined nicknames that celeb couples get?

Has to be Troppo

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Caught a bit of former Giant/Pie Heath Shaw on SEN the other day voicing his dismay at both of his fmr team mates Taranto & Hopper walking out on GW$.
Described both as 'A Grade midfielders.'
Was music to my ears.:giggle:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
In the course of time I think Taranto, he's much more likely to play 150 games, I also think his style of play is more conducive to longevity, the fact he can play forward probably extends his career for an extra couple of seasons.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
In the course of time I think Taranto, he's much more likely to play 150 games, I also think his style of play is more conducive to longevity, the fact he can play forward probably extends his career for an extra couple of seasons.
Im hoping to get 150+ games from both Taranto & Hopper
Hopper will play his 7th year at Richmond as a 32 year old but being a big inside mid not relying on his pace he could easily play until 34
Selwood, Kennedy played last year as 34 year olds and Trent will play as a 33 year old in 2023.

We have 2 guns now that are excellent character people with good leadership and talent that will become the 'bridge' from a dynasty team to hopefully another in the coming years

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Im hoping to get 150+ games from both Taranto & Hopper
Hopper will play his 7th year at Richmond as a 32 year old but being a big inside mid not relying on his pace he could easily play until 34
Selwood, Kennedy played last year as 34 year olds and Trent will play as a 33 year old in 2023.

We have 2 guns now that are excellent character people with good leadership and talent that will become the 'bridge' from a dynasty team to hopefully another in the coming years
The guys you mentioned have always had a history of durability, Hopper seems to come with some Prestia fine print. In saying that, I would sooner take Prestia's 3/4 season than some B grade 22 gamer.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The guys you mentioned have always had a history of durability, Hopper seems to come with some Prestia fine print. In saying that, I would sooner take Prestia's 3/4 season than some B grade 22 gamer.
Well we have had Prestia for 6 years now and he has nearly 100 games and most likely will play another 3 seasons imo and could still get to 150 games - Im taking that

Hopper apart from last year was pretty durable playing 107 games in 6 years after the initial 2 years with 23 games
so from 2018 - 2021 84 games

2022 was the only year he really was injured and only played 7 games due to the knee injury

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Well we have had Prestia for 6 years now and he has nearly 100 games and most likely will play another 3 seasons imo and could still get to 150 games - Im taking that

Hopper apart from last year was pretty durable playing 107 games in 6 years after the initial 2 years with 23 games
so from 2018 - 2021 84 games

2022 was the only year he really was injured and only played 7 games due to the knee injury
Hopper still hasn't cracked it for a 22 game season, he came close in 2021 which was arguably his best year. Prestia I reckon has another 50 games left, but that also presumes peak fitness up until he's 34. In any case, you take 100 games if it lifts us into the top 4, that's the goal and I reckon we might give it a shake if we get a clean run with injury.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Taranto is an elite athlete. could very well be a Richmond great if he stays injury free.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Since Taranto is going to win the Brownlow this year, I'll say him.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
One that shocked me was how Titch fell off a cliff. Given his athleticism and endurance, I assumed he would be like a Burgoyne

Very hard to predict the year's past 30. Certainly something Geelong seem to have mastered.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Hopper still hasn't cracked it for a 22 game season, he came close in 2021 which was arguably his best year. Prestia I reckon has another 50 games left, but that also presumes peak fitness up until he's 34. In any case, you take 100 games if it lifts us into the top 4, that's the goal and I reckon we might give it a shake if we get a clean run with injury.
Played every home and away game in 2020 for GWS

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Hopper has a few tricks, maneuvers in and out of traffic. Totanto for his $$$ is a terrible kick, would love him to run and handball more than kick it.
Can you elaborate on his poor kicking please TP?
This little black duck has not seen any footage of his kicking, but apparently you have.
Would like to know about that before picking him in my Supercoach team.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I suspect Taranto will stand out more but think it will be a close race. Hopper if fit should not be underestimated to what he brings and who he will free up to play other more important roles