Who Wins the 2020 Best & Fairest...? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who Wins the 2020 Best & Fairest...?

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Tough call this year I reckon. The usual suspects all had significant time out. Prestia, Edwards, Cotch, Nank, Bachar, Astbury, all missed too much footy.

Reiwoldt and Lynch were good but not sure they win the B&F. The other small forwards in Rioli, Castagna, Lambert and Graham not enough big vote winning games.

That leaves Dusty, the backline and a couple of smokeys.

Dusty has to be a chance. He'll always poll ok.

Soldo I think will go close but I doubt a ruckman will poll consistently enough.

Balta had a fantastic first year but may not catch the voters' eyes quite as much.

Grimes and Vlas will be in the top 5 I reckon, and both could be anywhere from 1 to 5.

My big smokey though is Bolton. His flashy style catches the eye and during the middle part of the year, he carried the midfield. Then when Shedda and Dion came back, he livened up the forward line. It would be an enormous effort, and a well deserved reward for a great year.

EDIT: Forgot about Shorty and Baker. Short will definitely be in the mix but unlikely either will actually win it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Good analysis Midsy, a tough one to call this year. Bolton, Vlastuin, Grimes.... maybe KMac a sneaky chance of polling well. Bakes.

I reckon Shayyyyyy as well

Reactions: 1 user

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
I think the top 5 will be Short, Dusty, Grimes, Vlastuin and Bolton in no particular order. Wouldn't surprise to see one of the backs take it out.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I think the top 5 will be Short, Dusty, Grimes, Vlastuin and Bolton in no particular order. Wouldn't surprise to see one of the backs take it out.

Reckon this is the top 5. As for the order, I'd have it:

1. Martin
2. Short
3. Bolton
4. Vlastuin
5. Grimes

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Don't know, and after yesterday, not inclined to care too much lol.

I think Vlaustin, Cotchin, Grimes, McIntosh are probably decent chances outside of Dusty.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dusty Bolton Short Grover, Cotchin and Tigga will be the main players I'd expect

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
My big smokey though is Bolton. His flashy style catches the eye and during the middle part of the year, he carried the midfield. Then when Shedda and Dion came back, he livened up the It would be an enormous effort, and a well deserved reward for a great year.
I agree with your post but want to add in Baker into the mix as he has one heck of a season as an individual and a team player. He has to be at least top five

Reactions: 4 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
I agree with your post but want to add in Baker into the mix as he has one heck of a season as an individual and a team player. He has to be at least top five
Good point. Somehow forgot about him, had a stellar year, don't think he missed a game either

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Ill take a stab at it:

1. Grimes
2. Bolton
3. Short
4. Dusty
5. Baker or Vlastuin

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What is so good about this is that it reflects just how even our team has been. The whole lot of them have contributed, well, some need to pull their fingers out a bit, but so many contenders is indicative of the team but also of how much you need all your players firing to win a flag.

Maybe Baker should get the Francis Bourke award for continually springing up after being flattened.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 4 users