Who's ready to come back in? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who's ready to come back in?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Does anyone know the extent of Razors injury? I read it's a groin, but not how serious.
Supposedly we have Richo and Campbo back this week.
Dunc could be in contention depending his VFL form and how he pulls up today.
It should be a pretty competitive week on the training track with a few guys fighting for a spot.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
id say richo and cambo will be back but not sure about hall.
in one paper it had nichols with a hammy but in another nothing.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Nicholls and Schulz for Campbo and Richo seem likely changes.

I'd be disappointed to see Bidders and Vardy dropped before Rogo or Kayne.

Dunc would be a better option than either if fit, and I think they could both do with getting a bit of touch at VFL level.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Oh we're from tigerland, a fighting fury we're from tigerland.....

Great win yesterday. Let me just say this - We are a definate chance this year. With Coughlan and Johnson in the middle at the MCG we can beat anyone. I'm confident against any team at the MCG with these 2 getting the ball from the middle. These 2 are guns - especially coughlan. Throw in campbell, and stafford/ottens in there and we are on our way - a good finish at the end of the home and away season hopefully leading to all finals at the G, and before you know it anything is possible.

In saying this we still need to refine some of our rough edges. Nicholls was good yesterday and unfortunately got injured, however showed alot. His polish along with blumfield, houlihan and possibly mcgrath in the forward line could go a long way come september.

Better game from pettifer (couldn't get worse) but still needs to do more - way way too many turnovers.

biddiscombe surprised me - lets hope he continues with it.

Vardy was good - I think he did enough to keep his spot.

Rogers didn't get much game time - and possibly frawely is setting him up for a demotion considering dunc is soon to return.

Fiora and fleming were quiet - there will be scrutiny on their positions in the side considering players are coming back from injuries.

Schulz - well 1 minute game time.

Seeing that campbell, Richo and dunc will be back next week I think the players to make way will be nicholls (inj), rogers and *smile*. A bit unfair to schulz however.

I'll just end with saying that we have found a genuine player in coughlan - he's the difference. I know its a team game and all players have to contribute but he is the difference because he inspires the other players around him.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Bringing Duncan back will be a massive backward step. Finally we have midfielders with skill, strength and pace. Duncan does not possess any of these qualities. He's had a good career, dont spoil the side with inept and incompetant disposal. I'd rather see Pettifer be given a go than Dunan playing in the ones.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I totally disagree with you Diggler on Duncan Kellaway. I think he has shown excellent service to Richmond over the years and he deserves a chance to see if he can come back from injury. If he can't keep up with the pace of the game anymore due to the amount of time he has been out well and good, but he deserves a chance to prove himself.

I think you are being far too harsh, but then everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I am taking that into account.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Razor injured his hip earlier in the week. Apparently he's listed as "test". I doubt Richo will play with a hammy after only missing one week. The following week for him. Campo should be back this week.

Out: Nicholls (hammy), Shultz (if Hall is ok).
In: Campo, Hall (if ok)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
diggler said:
I'd rather see Pettifer be given a go than Dunan playing in the ones.

You don't want to play Richo or three quarters of the rest of the list either Diggles.
As a back pocket/hhf player Duncs accountibility and experience would be miles preferable to Kayne.
If we had a vital game dependant on either of those two in the backline I know who I'd take.

Tiggy, if you've read Diggles's ravings about Dunc over the years you'd realise he's a big Dunc fan but has hangups about coming out of the closet. ;D

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
They are a mile better team when Matthew Injurardson is sitting in the grandstand. The midfield have to think alot harder and be more direct, instead of mindlessly bomb the ball to him all the time. Trade him.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Good to see Pattifer have a good game adn show he can play when given a full game on the ground ratehr than coming off the bench. Fiora did ok when on the ground in the second half, little early though.

Next week my changes would be

In: Richo, Campbell]
Out : *smile*, Nicholls(if inj) otherwise Fleming who looks like he needs a full game at Coburg./

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
shawry said:
Good to see Pattifer have a good game adn show he can play when given a full game on the ground ratehr than coming off the bench. Fiora did ok when on the ground in the second half, little early though.

Next week my changes would be

In: Richo, Campbell]
Out : *smile*, Nicholls(if inj) otherwise Fleming who looks like he needs a full game at Coburg./

Let's get one thing straight - Pettifer had a good game by Pettifer's standards, not by AFL standards. As someone posted earlier, of his 17 odd possessions, 2 of them hit a Richmond target, TWO!

Ins - anyone for Pettifer
Outs - Pettifer!!!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
It said in the Herald Sun that Pettifer didn't have a single clanger. Amazing!

Clangers are defined as "blatant unforced errors including out on the full". The only way I can make sense of the fact that he didnt have not one single clanger is that he must have been forced into making blatant errors by the extreme pressure Richmond supporters have placed on him. ;D

Fair dinkum, not one clanger. Whilst I was impressed with the fact that Pettifer got quite a bit of the ball, there is no way he didn't have at least 5 clangers, AT LEAST.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
IloveNewman said:
As someone posted earlier, of his 17 odd possessions, 2 of them hit a Richmond target, TWO!
That was me but it should be noted that he only hit 2 targets by foot, he handballed to his teamates a couple of times and manged to do it right. See doesn't that make everyone feel better. Just like Dunc right?? ;D
(runs for cover :rollin)

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Campbell will definately play this week. I saw him training prior to the Essendon game and he said taht he will be right.

Hall will also play this week. He hurt his groin in the Port game but couldn't come off due to our lack of height.

Not sure whether they will risk Richo.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Injury notes from HeraldSun

RICHMOND forward Billy Nicholls is the club's latest hamstring casualty. "He's done his hamstring, unfortunately. Hopefully, he'll only miss two weeks. It's very disappointing for him," Tigers football manager Greg Hutchison said.

Ray Hall was a late withdrawal against the Bombers with groin soreness, but should be fit to tackle the Demons this week while Joel Bowden has been cleared of eye damage after an incident in the final term.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Pettifer was fine. Not every kick hit a target, i do remember his decision making of kicking to contests as bad adn 1 blatant kcik to an Essendon player, but he is getting his confidence back and looked quite good i thought. Give the guy some dues after the bagging he has got. As i have said all he needs is more game time.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Maybe all some of them need is a job to do each week and to feel like they have a contribution to make and that their efforts, no matter how small, have an impact on our results.

In the past, we've always focused and relied on the usual suspects, but because they're not out there, we have to rely on every player.

We should have this approach going into every game, regardless of who is in or out and we can improve in no time.