why 5 in a row? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

why 5 in a row?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Just wondering why we played Port 5 times in Adelaide in a row. Is there an equaliser to this?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I thought the question was going to be "Why if we had 5 wins in a row would the board have some sanity on it?"

I question how the Richmond marbles roll in the S.A. direction every time the even and unbiased AFL draw is done, and how they NEVER seem to land on the G for a return game. Guess we have a bit of bad luck. The draw couldn't be rigged slightly could it, ha? ;)

But back to the 5 wins in a row. If we'd defeated Port... (which we could have with a different attack on the game and a bit better luck injury wise)... would people on this board be so negative about the coaching and club?

If we were 5-1 instead of 4-2 would people be hoping Richmond went bad just to see a couple of kids get a run?

What a difference 1 loss can make. ;D

Go Tiges.

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
The only good thing is that since we played them there in Round 6, this means a return bout in the MCG in Round 21!

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Sorry to disappoint you TF but we only get to have a crack at Port at the Dome. Better than another journey to moron park though.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The draw is meant to even out over a 5 year cycle. It's a joke they we have never got to play Port in Melbourne let alone at the 'G in 5 years :mad:.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
TigerFury said:
The only good thing is that since we played them there in Round 6, this means a return bout in the MCG in Round 21!

There is nothing good about playing Port whether it's in Adelaide, at the G, Mongolia or Addis Ababa TF. While the morons are there, RFC goes nowhere!!!