Why hasnt Harry McKay been reported? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why hasnt Harry McKay been reported?

No doubt General, and IDGAF. He left the field of play AND made high contact AND the ball was dead. Umps should have been all over it.
Yep. If you watch the replay you will see all the the players ease up as the ball is coming down as they knew it was a dead ball. All the players ease up except one. He might be as dumb as dog *smile* but that’s no defence for collecting someone high in the manner he did

Reactions: 5 users
Yep. If you watch the replay you will see all the the players ease up as the ball is coming down as they knew it was a dead ball. All the players ease up except one. He might be as dumb as dog *smile* but that’s no defence for collecting someone high in the manner he did

The absurdity in it though, is the ump running over says "it was in the contest". What didn't he get that the ball was dead? You could see the way Vlastuin was going for it, he knew it was dead, how did McKay and the ump not know.

Regardless he left the field and collected shoulder to the head of Vlastuin. They said after the Williams one that it was the action and not the outcome around the suspension, clearly they've changed that theory for some unknown reason. I'm still astounded that the free wasn't reversed, if that was us doing it to them, you could guarantee a 50 would have been paid.

Reactions: 3 users
The absurdity in it though, is the ump running over says "it was in the contest". What didn't he get that the ball was dead? You could see the way Vlastuin was going for it, he knew it was dead, how did McKay and the ump not know.

Regardless he left the field and collected shoulder to the head of Vlastuin. They said after the Williams one that it was the action and not the outcome around the suspension, clearly they've changed that theory for some unknown reason. I'm still astounded that the free wasn't reversed, if that was us doing it to them, you could guarantee a 50 would have been paid.
As many have said, just imagine that was Lynch? The stadium would have erupted and the umps would have written in a new send-off rule on the fly.

Regardless he left the field and collected shoulder to the head of Vlastuin. They said after the Williams one that it was the action and not the outcome around the suspension, clearly they've changed that theory for some unknown reason.
Not unknown at all, Richmond players are fair game.
I‘m not a conspiracy theorist, but they are out to get us :cupgold

Reactions: 1 user
I’m pretty P.O’d about this. Even if it WAS in play it was reportable. Those photos show he left the ground and made contact with the head. Should not matter Vlastuin got up apparently unhurt (but who knows - what if he gets dizzy spells in a few days?) . just makes it worse that it was clearly after the whistle and all bar the biggest dumbarse on the field knew that play was dead. Pity the second biggest dumbarse on the field was the ump.

and being a dumbarse is not a legitimate defence.

Outrageous that it’s been swept under the carpet. Utterly outrageous. And I agree with the Lynch comments - he’d have been tarred and feathered.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think there was anything in this at all. It certainly wasn't intentional.

I think McKay is a real promising key forward. But he's as dumb as a box of hammers. He would have the brain power to try line someone up like that. His brain works so slow, I saw him holding the ball about to kick it and thought "*smile*, the smoke from the fireworks has lingered three quarters".
Then I realised it was coming from McKay's ears.

I am not as convinced as you.

The AFL have always said that any contact, even incidental, to the head should be called out. They even use rules like you can’t leave the ground like that - yet in two consecutive games, Vlas has been on the end of what I reckon are reportable offences.

And to rub salt into the wound, Astbury gets fined ffs.

• Angry
Look at McKay. His eyes were looking at the football the whole time. He didn't charge at Vlaustin and then try to mask it with a mark. People fly for marks all the time, knocks to the head are always a chance when we continue to allow that to happen - and we should allow those marks to continue.
It looked horrible. I'm glad our players remonstrated. However I wasn't thinking at the time, I wonder how many weeks McKay is gonna get.
If I saw a ball coming into our forward line and a whistle had gone, I reckon I'd get annoyed if our forwards didn't try to compete. The speed at which some umpires blow their whistle (glacially slow), you have no idea if they're subsequently going to say play on. There were times on Thursday when I'd see an infringement, play continued with a couple of handballs then the umpire would blow the whistle and call the infringement.

I’m starting to think that attacking our backs is a tactic.

theyve gotta do something to try stop us.

cause nothing legal is gonna.

Cotchy was clearly spiked mid-week.

we need Mate Colina to start sleeping outside Dustys bedroom door in the Tommy Woodcock role I reckon

• Haha
Look at McKay. His eyes were looking at the football the whole time. He didn't charge at Vlaustin and then try to mask it with a mark. People fly for marks all the time, knocks to the head are always a chance when we continue to allow that to happen - and we should allow those marks to continue.
It looked horrible. I'm glad our players remonstrated. However I wasn't thinking at the time, I wonder how many weeks McKay is gonna get.
If I saw a ball coming into our forward line and a whistle had gone, I reckon I'd get annoyed if our forwards didn't try to compete. The speed at which some umpires blow their whistle (glacially slow), you have no idea if they're subsequently going to say play on. There were times on Thursday when I'd see an infringement, play continued with a couple of handballs then the umpire would blow the whistle and call the infringement.

Yeah, emotion aside this is all true.

In a marking contest head hits are fair game, it's fairly common for players to miss the umpire's whistle or assume play-on, and it seems clear that McKay thought he was contesting a ball in play.

Nick is often courageous in putting himself in these positions, but in this case, he was simply unlucky that he heard the whistle when his opponent did not.

Perhaps when the whistle blows he should either pull out entirely or keep going 100%. He has no obligation to return the ball quickly.

We are the sporting champion team in the world that dosent get looked after.
Compare us to the New England Patriots, Liverpool or Barcelona.
But instead we are treated more like a 2nd division side like Luton or QPR.
absolutely with LiVARpool

Just on Harry, Blues have a beauty. I would be very happy to have him developing at Richmond.

That all said, Blues will find some way of him destroying him.

Can not agree with this. His arms were not outstretched as they would be if he was trying to mark the ball. He left the ground upwards which if he had his arms out to take a mark would be acceptable but he tucked in and delivered a head high bump. Personally I believe the ball should have been reversed and McKay given a similar penalty to that handed out to Astbury.

Reactions: 3 users
If the umps are blowing the whistle few handballs later
I‘d say there’s someone having a word to them in their earpiece telling them to pay a free

• Haha
Can not agree with this. His arms were not outstretched as they would be if he was trying to mark the ball. He left the ground upwards which if he had his arms out to take a mark would be acceptable but he tucked in and delivered a head high bump. Personally I believe the ball should have been reversed and McKay given a similar penalty to that handed out to Astbury.

its pretty simple really - free at minimum