Why is Footscray not chasing a #1 ruck for 2022? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why is Footscray not chasing a #1 ruck for 2022?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Does Bevo think English will be ready? Bevo is a real good judge but he can be a bit flaky. Who rucks #2 for them then? Martin?

Did Bevo just send a side into a Grand Final brandishing Martin and English in the faces of Gawn and Jackson?

How did that work out?

I talk about Richmond having a mandate to win the Preemiership. Footscray's mandate is survival. Not peaks and troughs. Finals and near misses. Steady as she goes. Regular handy draft picks to maintain survival. We're all okay with that.

But would it kill them to get some ruck stocks? They should look at the way RFC does that.

The ruck stocks fielded by Footcray FC through the back end of 2021 humiliated the list managers IMO. How bout that Lewis Young, eh? Punted. But Bevo had to try something. And in the end launched Stef Martin at the Melbourne machine.

Footscray not looking for a #1 ruck, eh? We can revisit this.

Reactions: 1 user

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
It's a clear tactical choice, isn't it?

I mean, even getting in a 30+ year old Stef Martin is hardly any sort of commitment to the ruck division.

When we were losing Chol and Coleman-Jones, I looked at a few other lists to compare ruck stocks. The Dogs stand out like, well, dogs' balls when it comes to a near complete disregard for rucks.

They used Young in a few games this season and he was non-competitive (played out of position). For some reason, they don't seem to want to play Sweet. Now that Young is gone, they are very exposed.

They could probably get any of Ceglar, Lynch (straight swap for Lipinski) or Fort. But they're not being mentioned.

What use is the best midfield in the comp if they can't get their hands on the ball?

Exhibit A: 3rd quarter, 2021 grand final.

Weird.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Beveridge is another thick head.
everyone from the outside can see English is a very average ruckman and Martin who was finished 3 years ago aren't going to help you win a flag.
And for him and his list management team not to be chasing a another ruck option is bewildering. Goldstein or Ceglar wouldve helped.
Thats why Bompmytelly shouldve packed it up and moved to punt rd.
No ruckman no flags.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Heard there is a clear divide between Bevo and the oracle Ugle-Hagen too.
Not too sure Ulge Hagan is as good as the footy media made him out to be.
King from GC is heaps better.
Can't see him being better then Naughton and the kid Sydney picked up last year showed more.
Let's see if they get a pick under 10 back when he wants out next years

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Not too sure Ulge Hagan is as good as the footy media made him out to be.
King from GC is heaps better.
Can't see him being better then Naughton and the kid Sydney picked up last year showed more.
Let's see if they get a pick under 10 back when he wants out next years
The dogs have Ugle-Hagen, Naughton, Bruce, Schache and will pick Darcy. That's a lot of key forwards

What is Naughton's contractual situation? Maybe someone to target in future years

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Heard there is a clear divide between Bevo and the oracle Ugle-Hagen too.
Would like him at Tigerland.
Early days but could be a JR replacement.
If not getting on with Bevo, we should have a look next year and swap a high pick.
Could be a great long term forward option, add that to this years mids and at least one KP player and
we suddenly have a rebuilt team for the next five years.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Come on Guys Footscary are all over this, they are chasing Xerri from the Kangas.
:rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
The dogs have Ugle-Hagen, Naughton, Bruce, Schache and will pick Darcy. That's a lot of key forwards

What is Naughton's contractual situation? Maybe someone to target in future years
OMG.
If we managed to snag Naughton, I would lose myself. Serious talent and one of my favourite forwards to watch.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Would like him at Tigerland.
Early days but could be a JR replacement.
If not getting on with Bevo, we should have a look next year and swap a high pick.
Could be a great long term forward option, add that to this years mids and at least one KP player and
we suddenly have a rebuilt team for the next five years.
U-H and Dan Rioli are kindred spirits as well. Both have been in a relationship with Fev’s daughter and both split
:LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users