Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
when I first saw it, I thought Hawkins had broken his arm he hit him so hard.

On the replay you clearly see Hawkins shake his arm and think

'**** that hurt'

imagine how Schofield felt it?

Im not gonna waste any more time contemplating how predictably **** the AFL are.

We will beat Geelong with or without Hawkins.
Spot on easy. The suspension should stand if the AFL is serious about this sort of stuff.

But ultimately I don't really care. We play near our best we'll beat Geelong whether Hawkins is there or not.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Spot on easy. The suspension should stand if the AFL is serious about this sort of stuff.

But ultimately I don't really care. We play near our best we'll beat Geelong whether Hawkins is there or not.

Agree, but it will be more fun listening to the Salty Sermons™ when he adds the unfair suspension of Hawkins to the list of reasons for the loss.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Why can Geelong’s coaches and players give their opinions ad nauseum EVERY time one of their clowns gets reported? I always thought the rule for coaches and players was, shut up, challenge if you must but then shut up again. Don’t show dissent and certainly don’t try to influence the judiciary.

If you really want to be a whiny little baby about it, then by all means have a public sooky-la-la but be prepared to cop a hefty fine.

Seriously, Scott, Clangerfield and co have commented on everything all season and are still whining.

It is wearing thin.

Wearing thin - reckon your being polite TOT

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I've got a tenner with the son in law that he gets off. Nice clean skin, wide eyed kid thinks you cant just clock a bloke off the ball without consequence. Aaahh the innocence of youth.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Why aren’t we referring to this as a coward punch if we r being serious? It’s a swinging arm with a clenched fist from behind a guy not expecting to be punched. Schofield is lucky Hawkins has poor aim.

It's really the worst act in footy. If Hawkins doesn't get suspended, no player should be suspended ever again.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
If this wasn't a final he wouldn't be playing next week.
He would have got 2 weeks, if it wasn't finals, they had to leave the option for him to play GF should they make it. Is it only me who was surprised that it was classed as low impact and not medium considering Schofield was stunned and dropped like a bag of spuds.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I've got a tenner with the son in law that he gets off. Nice clean skin, wide eyed kid thinks you cant just clock a bloke off the ball without consequence. Aaahh the innocence of youth.
Instincts tell me he won't get off. I can't see any further evidence.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
He would have got 2 weeks, if it wasn't finals, they had to leave the option for him to play GF should they make it. Is it only me who was surprised that it was classed as low impact and not medium considering Schofield was stunned and dropped like a bag of spuds.
Nah, not just you mate.
As soon as they released it as low impact, I thought it was a stitch up. That alone gives them options to downgrade. If it was medium (like it sould have been) we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
He'd be missing.

Reactions: 1 user

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Nah, not just you mate.
As soon as they released it as low impact, I thought it was a stitch up. That alone gives them options to downgrade. If it was medium (like it sould have been) we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
He'd be missing.

It is classified as medium impact if the player is concussed / leaves the field for treatment. Schofield was down for 10-15 seconds and played the rest of the game.
Who knows if there was some delayed concussion?
Either way it won't matter, there is no way this will be downgraded from intentional to careless. Too far off the ball and the 1 week suspension will stay.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It is classified as medium impact if the player is concussed / leaves the field for treatment. Schofield was down for 10-15 seconds and played the rest of the game.
Either way it won't matter, there is no way this will be downgraded from intentional to careless. Too far off the ball and the 1 week suspension will stay.
I caught a bit of D King on SEN today saying he believes the Cats can say because he was moving and only about 60 metres from the ball that he was in the play ...ridiculous. Bit like Cornes he likes saying stupid things so people talk about him.

Tommy H

Tiger Champion
Apr 5, 2014
I caught a bit of D King on SEN today saying he believes the Cats can say because he was moving and only about 60 metres from the ball that he was in the play ...ridiculous. Bit like Cornes he likes saying stupid things so people talk about him.

I understand what you are saying and am in total agreement but was it not Hall from Sydney who got into a striking of a opposition player off the ball and he argued that it was in play and therefore got off. This happened years ago though.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

That didn't help Dusty, he hardly touched the Hawk flog & still got nailed.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I understand what you are saying and am in total agreement but was it not Hall from Sydney who got into a striking of a opposition player off the ball and he argued that it was in play and therefore got off. This happened years ago though.
I think your right Tommy, however with the way King explained it , it means anywhere on the ground your in the play

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
If a player needs to be concussed for it to be graded medium impact, what needs to happen to a player to be graded as high and severe impact? Comatose and death?!?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
More chance of Miranda Kerr ditching her current hubby for me than Dawkins getting off tonight

rocsta75

Tiger Rookie
Sep 18, 2014
More chance of Miranda Kerr ditching her current hubby for me than Dawkins getting off tonight
I wish. He will get off. Will get downgraded to careless and not intentional. Don't ask me how, but they will find a way "aka spin a way" about why it was not intentional. Sad really as thats the stuff we need to get out of the game and discourage.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Low impact :rotfl2

From the AFL's 2019 Tribunal guidelines

(B) IMPACT Consideration will be given as to whether the impact is Low, Medium, High or Severe. In determining the level of impact, regard will be had to several factors. Firstly, consideration will be given to the extent of force and in particular, any injury sustained by the Player who was offended against. Secondly, strong consideration will be given to the potential to cause injury, particularly in the following cases: » Intentional head-high strikes, such as those with a swinging clenched fist, raised forearm or elbow; » High bumps, particularly with significant head contact and/or Player momentum; » Any head-high contact with a Player who has his head over the ball, particularly when contact is made from an opponent approaching from a front-on position; » Forceful round arm swings that make head-high contact to a Player in a marking contest, ruck contest or when tackling; » Spear tackles; and » Driving an opponent into the ground when his arms are pinned. The absence of injury does not preclude the classification of impact as Severe

There are 4 categories Severe , High, Medium and Low. Absolutely no way you can categorise Hawkins action as low. Ludicrous.

Reactions: 2 users