Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The AFL have become a bit like Trump. The corruption, double standards, blatant lying has happened so often and openly that the average punter on the street now accepts it as just the way it is.

And like Trump, only the compliant media get access to the right people.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The AFL have become a bit like Trump. The corruption, double standards, blatant lying has happened so often and openly that the average punter on the street now accepts it as just the way it is.

And like Trump, only the compliant media get access to the right people.

Tend to agree. But Riley Beveridge in tribunal reporting for AFL.com pulled no punches in his reporting of Greenes ban being upheld. Said paraphrased 'just wow, verdict contradicts everything we just heard'.
Suggesting his editor was at the pub and riley has another job?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tend to agree. But Riley Beveridge in tribunal reporting for AFL.com pulled no punches in his reporting of Greenes ban being upheld. Said paraphrased 'just wow, verdict contradicts everything we just heard'.

Did Riley win anything at the AFL Media Awards? Tom Browne did.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is Robbo his editor :mhihi

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
The MRO not wishing to draw further attention to its error following the Ballarat game offers an olive branch to Green, who given his record should have been suspended for 4+.

Should have been suspended for 4 weeks plus? What for James? Did he strike? Did he eye gouge? Was the Bont unable to finish the game?

From what I saw, he roughed him up a bit, and grabbed his head/hair. It's a final FFS. 4 weeks plus for that? Deserved a free kick, and maybe a 50.

I know a lot of people hate Toby, and this hatred really messes with people's rationality. I would have Toby at Tigerland any day of the week. He's a gun.

So James, what crime did he commit to deserve 4 weeks plus?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Oh yeah. I remember you saying a while ago. You need to stop being such a complete and utter, utter bastage! Obviously! ;)
Need to contain that trollish urge.

I wonder if he's blocked Jack R......

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Should have been suspended for 4 weeks plus? What for James? Did he strike? Did he eye gouge? Was the Bont unable to finish the game?

From what I saw, he roughed him up a bit, and grabbed his head/hair. It's a final FFS. 4 weeks plus for that? Deserved a free kick, and maybe a 50.

I know a lot of people hate Toby, and this hatred really messes with people's rationality. I would have Toby at Tigerland any day of the week. He's a gun.

So James, what crime did he commit to deserve 4 weeks plus?
Just my opinion but it was at the very least a facial gouge with grave risk of damage to the eye. It involved repeated raking of outspread and taught fingers across Bonts face in a situation where Green was fully in control and against which Bont was powerless to defend.
Previous offences while not relevant to guilt were relevant to sentence.
Green has a colourful sheet which includes sticking out his studded boot in a manner which again could not be defended by the victim and was also reckless as to the of infliction serious injury.
4 weeks on a guilty plea seemed about right.

Nico

Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Just my opinion but it was at the very least a facial gouge with grave risk of damage to the eye. It involved repeated raking of outspread and taught fingers across Bonts face in a situation where Green was fully in control and against which Bont was powerless to defend.
Previous offences while not relevant to guilt were relevant to sentence.
Green has a colourful sheet which includes sticking out his studded boot in a manner which again could not be defended by the victim and was also reckless as to the of infliction serious injury.
4 weeks on a guilty plea seemed about right.
At the very least a facial gouge? Where did you get that from? Grave risk of damage to the eye? Once again, where did you get that from?

The AFL's legal counsel said the vision showed Greene "making contact with the forearm and hands to Bontempelli's head" and "the pulling of Bontempelli's hair".

Still, if a facial gouge with grave risk of damage to the eye helps your argument, then carry on.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Do you think last night's decision would have been different if Whitfield's appendicitis happened 24hr earlier?

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
At the very least a facial gouge? Where did you get that from? Grave risk of damage to the eye? Once again, where did you get that from?

The AFL's legal counsel said the vision showed Greene "making contact with the forearm and hands to Bontempelli's head" and "the pulling of Bontempelli's hair".

Still, if a facial gouge with grave risk of damage to the eye helps your argument, then carry on.
Just look at the tape. Bont is helpless under the weight of Green and the fingers are going across his face in a way that he cannot defend.

Nico

Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Just look at the tape. Bont is helpless under the weight of Green and the fingers are going across his face in a way that he cannot defend.
Did you see a facial gouge with grave risk of damage to the eye?