Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Looking forward to SHocking coming out and saying we must "call out these off the ball incidences".... as he did when they screwed over Soldo. ... ( more likely nuffin to see move along)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It’s a pretty bad look. MRP to give him a week, challenge and get off so they can look like they did something but not really.

Stewart will be ok, a lot like Cotch he had his hands down for the ball.

Yeah, Stewart was similar enough to Cotchin to be allowed to slide.

Hawkins was similar to Barry "not in play" Hall.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Punched a guy in the face off the ball.

Should be 4 week, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets 2 down to 1.

Definitely gone for next week I reckon

Reactions: 1 users

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
It will likely be judged as Careless, low impact and high contact - meaning a fine.

Would need to be judged as intentional or medium impact to rub him out, and although it deserves it, I cant see it happening.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
High, intentional and low impact will get a week. Clear cut. AFL haven’t got any room to move.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
On balance, I'd be comfortable with a fine.

Putting aside the fact it is good for us, preliminary finals are almost as hard to make as Grand Finals and I reckon you should have to do something pretty serious to miss one through suspension.

The victim playing out the game means it doesn't meet that criteria for mine.

I reckon we'd be dirty if Lynch was rubbed out of the Grand Final for that next week.
Really? Didn’t Worpel play out the game when hit by Soldo? Didn’t De Boer play out the game after the feather tap from Dusty?

Both a lot less brazen than what Hawkins did tonight. That’s worth a week any time of the year. Behind the play, whacked him in the head, down he goes.

If he doesn’t get a week it’s a farce. Not that I care from our perspective. If we play near our best we win regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It will likely be judged as Careless, low impact and high contact - meaning a fine.

Would need to be judged as intentional or medium impact to rub him out, and although it deserves it, I cant see it happening.
No way that’s careless. It’s off the ball behind play. Can only be intentional.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Good article on the AFL app explains how it's unlikely he'll play next week.
Every off the ball incident this season has received an intentional grading which puts him in big trouble.
Even if they were to go careless, high contact, medium impact, it's a week.
There is no way they say insufficient force with Schofield staying down and the fact it was 50m off the ball.
Gets a week for mine. Can't see how Geelong could argue it down either.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They're playing Richmond, 2 of our players got suspensions for soft incidents. The hit was clearly intentional. The hit was to the head. The hit was away from the ball.

They're really going to have to pull something out of their a*** to get Hawkins off.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Pretty clear he should get a week but we just know somehow he will get off

• Angry

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008