Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
They're playing Richmond, 2 of our players got suspensions for soft incidents. The hit was clearly intentional. The hit was to the head. The hit was away from the ball.

They're really going to have to pull something out of their a*** to get Hawkins off.

DS

You do remember Barry Hall and the in play/not in play legalese discussion?

Maybe Hawkins will say he was trying to stop Schofield from running off him, Schofield over-balanced and copped accidental high contact instead.

This is the AFL we're talking about. Nothing is too absurd.

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Yep 2 weeks minimum.
I just dont want any "he doesnt deserve to miss a gf for that" kind of talk.

Doesnt bloody matter if the incident happened in rd 1, rd 23 in a dead rubber or in a final. No special favours or violins just cos he could miss a final. However u just know the afl will make sure of it he doesn't potentially miss the gf at the very least.

Reactions: 1 users

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
In earlier days there was a rule which was intended to lead to more severe penalties for infractions which occurred during a final series.
Is that rule still in place?

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Surely he gets a week - because Gil has done the maths on AFL merchandise revenue for a Richmond v Collingwood GF. Did you see the half-empty stands last night?? Not "good for football" at all.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
In earlier days there was a rule which was intended to lead to more severe penalties for infractions which occurred during a final series.
You might be thinking about the double penalties for GF infractions? Though I am not even sure that is still on the books.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Not when it involves players playing against the Tigers or Tiger players.

* insert hysteria with Houli ( afl intervened), Dusty (suspension this year), Soldo (suspension), hysteria over Rance (last year) , Grimes (this year) over dives and finally Cotchin 17) against Shiel. ***

*Please read fine print***^

Reactions: 1 user

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Hocking and Christian are the MRP and decide together who gets what. I have no confidence the
they will get this right.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
On previous cases this year The Tommyhawk must get a week for biffing a bloke to the head off the ball. Pretty sure he's got a couple of priors for whacking blokes so perhaps that should be another week as well.

Would not surprise me in the slightest that he gets off n plays next week, simply because he's got such a nice cheerful smile n he musta felt guilty about whacking Schofield 'coz he did apologise, ask him if he was o.k. n offered to call for the medicos for him.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
The Martin argument from the prosecution was “There was the potential for concussion, there was the potential for damage to the jaw … for damage to the temple.”
Hawkins has two of these covered. It was intentional and off the ball. A deliberate swinging arm from behind to the head.

We now cross over to Chooklotto and Michael Christian as Plucka.

Reactions: 7 users

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Punched a guy in the face off the ball.

Should be 4 week, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets 2 down to 1.

Definitely gone for next week I reckon
That scenario would be interesting to see if they challenged it and risk a Grand Final chance

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Schoefield will be cited for headbutting Hawkins forearm and fined for faking for a freekick.

Hawkins will testify that he now struggles to open his handbag.

Four week penalty for Schoefield and $5000 fine.

Last edited:

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Christian will say low impact intentional 1 week. Appeal to tribunal who will rule the blow was careless, hey presto - Nothing to see here!

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Can’t see how this is low impact. He hit him in the side of the head and he hit the deck and stayed down for some time. I’d say it’s medium impact. Schofield looked out of it. Was a bees you know what from knocking him out. It’s intentional and at best it gets graded low impact - which is still a week.

Intentional high and medium = 2 weeks.
Appeal and if downgraded to careless:
Careless, high and medium = 1 week.