Will Hawkins get suspended? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Hawkins get suspended?

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Didn't get a really good look at it but Hawkins seemed to swing his right arm at the WC player who went down and stayed there. Will he be out next week?

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Hawkins could have shot Schofield in the *smile* and he'd get off this week.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He should but we all know he won’t.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If Greene didn't get a week then I think philosophically they are trying to avoid suspending players in the finals series.

I'm tipping a $5000 plus fine.

Even more ridiculous if so, and there's gotta be a fine line otherwise you can do whatever you want.

Maybe it's time for some Christmas donations to Gestapo Gill's slush fund.

Reactions: 1 user

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Hawkins seemed like he wanted to show some contrition ......a sign he was worried perhaps? I'd rather beat them with no excuses but if he's done the wrong thing he should go. But it seems the AFL only worries about contact to the head in the home and away games.....

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Should go , can’t be doing that especially when the ball is nowhere in the vicinity ! Remember Dusty went for an elbow that brushed the head/shoulder of *smile* ?
What did they say , intent to cause potential damage or whatever rubbish line they rolled out with

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
On balance, I'd be comfortable with a fine.

Putting aside the fact it is good for us, preliminary finals are almost as hard to make as Grand Finals and I reckon you should have to do something pretty serious to miss one through suspension.

The victim playing out the game means it doesn't meet that criteria for mine.

I reckon we'd be dirty if Lynch was rubbed out of the Grand Final for that next week.

Punch to the head off the ball, it doesn’t get any worse. They will explain it away and it will be completely laughable.

A farce of an administration. Money-grabbing bullish!t artists.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Has to be at least a week.

But this is what will happen
Gets a week
Appeal
Reduced to a fine

Reactions: 1 users

Columbo

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 4, 2007
Punch to the head off the ball, it doesn’t get any worse. They will explain it away and it will be completely laughable.

A farce of an administration. Money-grabbing bullish!t artists.
Even Whately on SEN has given him a week, safe to say he’s out next week.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If Greene didn't get a week then I think philosophically they are trying to avoid suspending players in the finals series.

I'm tipping a $5000 plus fine.
Difference is that the Greene incident was inconclusive. This is as clear as day.

Reactions: 1 users

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
It’s a pretty bad look. MRP to give him a week, challenge and get off so they can look like they did something but not really.

Stewart will be ok, a lot like Cotch he had his hands down for the ball.