Will Holland Return? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Holland Return?

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
With Richo gone again are the Tigers forced to bring back Holland a week under done.

I think yes.

(Let's hope Staff gets off too!)

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
I see where you are coming from MP but I think the selection committee will resist the temptation to rush him...its a long season and we need him long term.

Would be pretty handy though I must admit.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
The temptation to just sit him at FF may be hard to resist....but IMO we should wait a week and play him against the bombers.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Agree with Macca and TD that dutchy will play for Coburg for at least another week.

We didn't have Richo for the Freo game and were 4 goals up before the big wet came. Initially we put Razor to FF but that wasn't too successful. Started to score goals more freely by going for a unpredictable mid-size forward line. Put Houlihan, Rogers and Cameron up forward and rotate resting midfielders like Bowden, Campo etc through there. The rest of the side should push back and leave the forward line open for these guys to run hard and create space to mark/win the ball.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I wouldn't risk bringing ben back any earlier than absoultly neccesary. No doubt he will be pivotal in any chance of us having a really solid year so the risk of playing him while his still underdone could be counter productive.

I doubt the match committee would even entertain the prospect anyway, given the fact that they believe his still 2 or 3 weeks away from consideration.

With the lack of height through the loss of Richo and possibly Stafford they might be forced to go with the likes of a Vardy Bidders and or Shultz.

It will be interesting to see how spud and the match commit juggle the the holes in what will be our toughest test so far.