Will Joel Bowden play 150 games for the Tigers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Joel Bowden play 150 games for the Tigers

Will Joel BOWDEN make 150 games in the Yellow and Black

• yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I note in Rhett BARTLETTS site that Joel BOWDEN will finish the year on 149 games if he plays all the remaining games.

Rogers also need 5 games to make 200.

Do you think Joel will get to play 150 for the Tigers. Won't happen if he is traded????

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Does anyone really care? I was a great rap for him when he first began. He was fast and had a booming kick and looked the goods but something went out of him. It's possible a tougher coach could get him back on track, but not Pontiac! If we got someone of the calibre of Wallace, it would be do-or-die as far as Bowden was concerned...I don't think he would last very long with Terry if he didn't improve on what he's been like this year. I say he won't get 150 up with Tiges!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've stated before that seeing the way Joel is playing lately, and after hearing the way Greg Miller discussed Joel publicly on 3LO a few weeks ago, that Joel has been told his career is skating on thin ice at Tigerland.

I guess I am a bit of a devils advocate where Joel is concerned. A few years ago everyone posted about Joel as some kind of superstar and our future captain. I never saw that way of thinking.

Now it's fashionable to use Joel as a whipping boy and I can't agree to that kind of thinking either.

I'll forgive him the last few weeks. He is playing like someone who's heart isn't in it. Time might tell the reasons, then again maybe not. Our club has a record of not treating unwanted players with respect.

Joel would be in our top 10 players. People comment on him leading the clangers. They fail to comment he is also right up there in the possessions too. If Joel gets the ball 25 times and turns it over 5, is that worse than a player getting it 10-15 times and turning it over a couple? Some players don't do near as much as Joel but seem exempt from critisism and I think it's a bit unfair.

I don't think Joel and Spud are a good combination, in fact I don't think our coaching panel helps Joel at all. If he's being too lazy or casual in his disposal then drag him, drop him or at least get the runner to give him a bomb. None of those options seem to happen, we've taken notice at times expecting a runner to go to Joel and it doesn't happen.

Joel may never live up to the lofty expectations held for him, but were they realistic anyway? Maybe he was destined to be an even contributer rather than a superstar.

I'd love to see Joel under a decent coach. I wish it would be at Tigerland next year but that won't be happening.

If Joel is traded to Collingwood and runs through his 150th banner against us in round 1 I'll be the first to hope he plays a blinder.