will we need to be vaccinated to attend games in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

will we need to be vaccinated to attend games in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Follow the science or GTFO
Which Science is that? The science of making the Vax companies wealthy?
Covid is not stopped by these so called Vaccinations.
Israel is a case in point. anyone thinking Vaccination will end covid is delusional.
I am not against Vaccination. The science is not clear that vaccination for covid stops the spread. Stopping Human spread is the only way to eliminate the virus and there is not one vaccine that stops the spread that has been developed to date.
Gil mentioned that they are looking at both Vaccine Passports and negative PCR tests.
STOP THE DISCRIMINATION!! It is a slippery slope once you start down the exclusion road.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Which Science is that? The science of making the Vax companies wealthy?
Covid is not stopped by these so called Vaccinations.
Israel is a case in point. anyone thinking Vaccination will end covid is delusional.
I am not against Vaccination. The science is not clear that vaccination for covid stops the spread. Stopping Human spread is the only way to eliminate the virus and there is not one vaccine that stops the spread that has been developed to date.
Gil mentioned that they are looking at both Vaccine Passports and negative PCR tests.
STOP THE DISCRIMINATION!! It is a slippery slope once you start down the exclusion road.
The science is the vaccine with the mRNA tech basically makes you highly unlikely to die from covid or require hospitalisation.

It's true they don't prevent you getting it or spreading it.

So with that out the way there is no discrimination, your freedom to attend someone else's game at their stadium does not trump their right to deny you entry based on their terms.

That's the beauty of freedom, it works both ways.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The science is the vaccine with the mRNA tech basically makes you highly unlikely to die from covid or require hospitalisation.

So with that out the way there is no discrimination, your freedom to attend someone else's game at their stadium does not trump their right to deny you entry based on their terms.

Well said Jason. The protection is the vaccine.

Serious question. If you've had the vaccine what the hell are you worried about if those that have covid attend?

It'll be like preventing people who have the flu from going to games. If they get super sick or die that's on them!

Reactions: 3 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I can’t find it on google, but he went on an anti-vaxxer rant on the St Kilda Facey page after the saints posted pics of their players getting vaccinated. Called St Kilda a disgrace, etc
Thanks Ian. I'm mates with his brother (who has a science background) so will see if legit.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Yes, and there is already a lot of data showing that it reduces both your chance of being infected and also infecting others if you are vaccinated. It's not 100%, but few things are.

Just because it's not 100% doesn't mean we stop doing it.

Reactions: 10 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Well said Jason. The protection is the vaccine.

Serious question. If you've had the vaccine what the hell are you worried about if those that have covid attend?

It'll be like preventing people who have the flu from going to games. If they get super sick or die that's on them!
I guess my only worry is even though I am vaccinated, I don't want to get the virus and give it another chance to mutate into something worse. Also don't want to spread it to my kids who then go to school etc.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
You might be worried that you are more likely to contract the virus and then pass it on to a vulnerable family member or friend.

Reactions: 1 user

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Yes, and there is already a lot of data showing that it reduces both your chance of being infected and also infecting others if you are vaccinated. It's not 100%, but few things are.

Exactly right, but you know the anti-vax pro-bodybag crowd cling to the low hanging fruit.

Like ivermectin killing covid. You know what else kills covid? Dish soap. Why haven't they tried injecting that!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I guess my only worry is even though I am vaccinated, I don't want to get the virus and give it another chance to mutate into something worse. Also don't want to spread it to my kids who then go to school etc.
The virus will still spread. It will be everywhere once things open up.
Like I said will unvaccinated people be prevented from indoor shopping? What's the difference between that an attending the footy?

Reactions: 1 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I don't think any of us think it will end Covid.

At this point though it seems the only solution to helping us get back to anything close to normal living with it though.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008

Where is the science that you reference here, I would like to see it? or are you just repeating what you have heard from someone else?

• Dislike
  • Haha

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008

I am not saying to stop vaccinating!! What I am saying is there is no evidence taking the vaccine will stop the spread.
Further, 80% of the population are asymptomatic, which means they will experience no side effects from Covid. these 80% dont need to vaccinate. That is 100% scientific fact.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Would you want to sit next to someone with the flu?
Vaccinated people will still get and spread covid, I dont see your point here. In fact ALL attendees should have to have a negative PCR test to attend any large gathering, vaccinated or not.

Reactions: 1 user

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
The virus will still spread. It will be everywhere once things open up.
Like I said will unvaccinated people be prevented from indoor shopping? What's the difference between that an attending the footy?
Absolutely right it will. I am different to most people because I have always had agoraphobia and haven't gone out a great deal in my life. Since having kids 6 years ago if course I put them first and just suck it up.

Covid and the lockdowns fed into my previous way of life.

I completely get that people want to return to normality or as close as possible and hence rather than being doomed immediately we are on a slow burn.

Wanting other people vaccinated or requiring it for entry in to shops etc makes sense if we are going to open up at 70% vaccination rate (when you count kids under 12 this number is so much lower) because vaccinations do slow the spread.

It should be seen as a prerequisite to normality. Giving people the option to skip it is dangerous. Give an inch take a mile so as to speak.

I really don't disagree with you, this whole thing is a mess. Long covid is something that is going to be a huge burden for not just our people but our health system. I genuinely fear that for my kids sake.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.