will we need to be vaccinated to attend games in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

will we need to be vaccinated to attend games in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Hope not. Hopefully the pandemic is under control by the start of next season with most choosing vaccination.

I suspect we will (need to be vaccinated) as the virus (in whatever version has taken over from Delta) will still be in existence.
We‘ll also be taking booster shots for some time so the vaccine passport thingy will be around for some time.

Of course people can make their own choice blah blah blah and watch at home on TV if they want.

Reactions: 6 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Before any lunatics make some knee jerk threats with their season ticket , it will be a state government AFL decision . At this stage the RFC hasn’t any overarching powers ,,,,yet

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
The AFLPA have come out saying players don't want mandatory vax, It will be ridiculous if fans have to be vaccinated but players don't. But so much of this lacks logic so it wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: 6 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Only other option would be a recent negative test or on the spot negative rapid test. This would be a workable compromise.

Reactions: 2 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Solution: Have the unvaccinated players line up against a wall. Pick two captains and teams and the match can be held somewhere on the Nullabour attended by the unvaccinated. Win Win.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i reckon the AFL was spooked by positive cases at the Carlton v Geelong game and will make them mandatory. If not, the state government will enforce it for all sporting events IMO.

Already seeing idiots on social media stating they will “tear up their 25 years of membership if vaccines are enforced at the footy.”

Did anyone see Steven Baker's post? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
i reckon the AFL was spooked by positive cases at the Carlton v Geelong game and will make them mandatory. If not, the state government will enforce it for all sporting events IMO.

Already seeing idiots on social media stating they will “tear up their 25 years of membership if vaccines are enforced at the footy.”

Did anyone see Steven Baker's post? :rolleyes:
No what did it say?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Id say its about as likely as tigers winning the flag.

I reckon a whole heap of people will be home on the couch with a stubby of ivormectin,

so i hope so too.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Solution: Have the unvaccinated players line up against a wall. Pick two captains and teams and the match can be held somewhere on the Nullabour attended by the unvaccinated. Win Win.

imagine how much they could *smile* up the non-vaccinated All Australian squad?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Id say its about as likely as tigers winning the flag.

I reckon a whole heap of people will be home on the couch with a stubby of ivormectin,

so i hope so too.
Shouldn’t you be out looking for that Theo kid ?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Empty vessels make the most noise. Wasn't aware that Bakes went on to do a Science degree!

Last edited:

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Remember MaguireS plan for attending MCG grand final
I expect AFL to go along that line

Status
Not open for further replies.