will we need to be vaccinated to attend games in 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

will we need to be vaccinated to attend games in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Which side of the fence do you want to be on after these two scenario's

A 100 people are vaccinated against Covid and one dies from complications from the Jab.

or

B The same 100 people are not vaccinated & 33 die from Covid.

iI think I will take take A thank you.

I guess it's human nature to live in such a way that allows people to tell themselves that "bad things happen and I have no control over them" as opposed to "I took action and bad things happened as a result". Logic hides in a bunker when people become scared and unwilling to relinquish a feeling of control.

The same underlying desire could describe why people are more fearful of driverless cars than they are of themselves controlling it. Or the trolley dilemma, in which people prefer to let a trolley kill 5 people instead of being responsible for pulling the lever so it only kills 1.

It's always difficult to have a conversation with people about their sense of control or aversion to responsibility.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m guessing if your fully vaxed and have a game attendance membership you’ll have no issue been able to go to the footy next year ….maybe it’s hope

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I disagree imagine if a high profile player like Dusty doesnt want to get vaccinated. No way would RFC just say okay you're not playing. I think high profile players will get away without being vaccinated if they want because they're the stars of the game
All the players have followed the rules so far, I don't see it changing. Players will have to vaccinate imo. I presume many of them still have grandparents.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
may as well make vaccination law.
its basically what they are doing.

Maybe the AFL could have one round of games in 2022 (or one game each round) set aside exclusively for the un-vaxxed

They could attend together without masks - on special un-sterilised trams and trains - and yell and breathe all over each other in stands encased in perspex and plastic (got to look after the players and officials)

• Wow

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

There are 50,000 reported adverse reactions in Australia to the Vaccines as reported on the TGA website. My Wife is a Nurse and she has seen some cases of adverse reactions. Anyone that says the Vaccines are completely safe are not looking at the data.
Geez some of you anti-vaxxers can talk BS. They're usually the ones that go on and on and on.....

From the TGA website you referred to:

Like all medicines, COVID-19 vaccines may have some side effects (also known as adverse events). The overwhelming majority of these side effects are mild and resolve within a few days. More serious side effects can occur after vaccination but are very rare.

Has your wife spoken to you about the adverse effects of those in ICU with COVID?

Reactions: 6 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Riddle me this, if the Virus can only mutate through a host and the Vaccinated get the virus and pass the virus on - How does that stop the Covid Virus again? I will wait for the answer?

There are 50,000 reported adverse reactions in Australia to the Vaccines as reported on the TGA website. My Wife is a Nurse and she has seen some cases of adverse reactions. Anyone that says the Vaccines are completely safe are not looking at the data.

I am not against Vaccination. Trusting a Politician and a Drug company with your health is not a guaranteed path to a safe outcome.
Is your wife vaccinated?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I am not against Vaccination. Trusting a Politician and a Drug company with your health is not a guaranteed path to a safe outcome.
50,000 reported adverse reaction from 24,619,474 (that’s 0.002%) vaccinations given. Yep, Better shut it down…

i reported an adverse reaction in the follow up survey they text you. I had a sore arm. My wife (who’s a doctor btw) reported an adverse reaction, she felt really tired. We,re fine.

For someone who’s not anti vax you sure post a lot of anti vax stuff.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
50,000 reported adverse reaction from 24,619,474 (that’s 0.002%) vaccinations given. Yep, Better shut it down…

i reported an adverse reaction in the follow up survey they text you. I had a sore arm. My wife (who’s a doctor btw) reported an adverse reaction, she felt really tired. We,re fine.

For someone who’s not anti vax you sure post a lot of anti vax stuff.

This.

Without a definition of "adverse reaction" the number is useless.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
1 down 1 to go.
In 12 months time especially people living in Melbourne won't be allowed to Fart in public if they haven't been vaccinated.
I got vaccinated because i want to go out and i want to go to the footy with the boys.
Without it, i won't be going nowhere.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

1 down 1 to go.
In 12 months time especially people living in Melbourne won't be allowed to Fart in public if they haven't been vaccinated.
I got vaccinated because i want to go out and i want to go to the footy with the boys.
Without it, i won't be going nowhere.
I think you'll be allowed to fart, as long as it's within 5km of your primary residence.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Geez some of you anti-vaxxers can talk BS. They're usually the ones that go on and on and on.....

From the TGA website you referred to:

Like all medicines, COVID-19 vaccines may have some side effects (also known as adverse events). The overwhelming majority of these side effects are mild and resolve within a few days. More serious side effects can occur after vaccination but are very rare.

Has your wife spoken to you about the adverse effects of those in ICU with COVID?

100%. I had an adverse reaction on my first AZ, had chills and fever for a few hours. Big deal. I'm vaccinated with immunity now, and I'll happily get a booster of whatever vaccine is recommended or available for me at the time.

The vast majority of "adverse reactions" are extremely minor and well-understood.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.