Williamstown V Richmond (20/06/21) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Williamstown V Richmond (20/06/21)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Free kick stats are interesting.

On the Footy Live app I have, and according to everyone here, the free kicks were 31-22 Willy's way. But if you look here: AFL Site they are claiming 31-24.

Wonder why there is a difference?
They've updated the figures since the game ended. Was definitely 31-22 at the end of the game.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
How do you update stats, has anyone else done the same?

All seems a bit weird really.
Used to happen a lot with AFL games, a tackle would be added here and a hit out subtracted there, often a day or two later. Rarely changes after the siren now. But you still see occasional corrections at the end of quarters.

I think maybe they make a note of it if a player can't be identified during play, and they review the video later to determine who it was.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Most disappointed in Dow, Miller, MRJ, HRS and Cumberland. Were virtually invisible.

Thought Martyn was good, seems a very busy midfielder in and around packs. Nice hands and neat skills. goes in hard. Has played some consistent football and building some nice form from his absolute disaster of a debut. Hope he can erase the negative memories from that game as he has some good attributes for a mid.

RCD was solid around packs and stood up well in contests to dish off. Questions over his running capacity remain but a good game nevertheless.

Naish was probably our best but still can't see how his game translates into AFL, especially in our system. Doesn't win the contest nearly enough and is too outside. He and egg are in the same boat - look a million dollars on the outside in the vfl but can't cut it in the AFL - yet. Hopefully it's a yet for both.

Stack looked gassed early but moved and played much better as the game went on. Keep him in the backline please.

Parker was lively and went one hundred miles an hour. Stuffed up a few times but think we can use his energy in the firsts especially with Rioli out of form. 10 tackles - would play him.

Ryan played well but don't think the seagulls had a decent ruck.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Used to happen a lot with AFL games, a tackle would be added here and a hit out subtracted there, often a day or two later. Rarely changes after the siren now. But you still see occasional corrections at the end of quarters.

I think maybe they make a note of it if a player can't be identified during play, and they review the video later to determine who it was.
I notice SC points for a given player change during, and for a short time after, a game. I assumed it was a correction based on a stat incorrectly awarded to a player .

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I can understand that but free kick counts should be relatively simple as a free kick is obvious.

Still think it is a bit weird, did they lose count during the game or something??

DS

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The postal frees are counted later.
In order to try and disguise the regular heavy negative RFC differential policy (in any game of consequence*) including VFL level which is well recognized as a successful feeding ground set up by said club. Standard AFL procedure i.e. both policies apply each level.

Note: the remarkably heavy, anomalous fine dished out to RFC for 2020 Covid hub breaches may still not have done enough damage to ensure a non-competitive RFC in 2021. [See compliant media reference below for ignoring this after recurrent breaches by Crows and Poort. Good work Damo and boys].

*In games irrelevant to key ladder positions or not against favored/preferred/selected/deemed appropriate '21 premiership candidate teams, the policy holds that RFC may well be allowed a suitable number of frees, or even a small, positive differential occasionally, to deceive the easily misled fans and gullible media (but not to worry there; all onside anyway ... if they know what's good for them).

All working a treat. Another masterstroke from that 'ordained' genius who has saved the game from any continued RFC domination - SHocking. :banana

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I think there was a problem with Sunday's game

the playing surface and weather was beautiful - no problem there

the opposition had a real crack and made us work till the final siren - no problem there

our guys had a real crack - no problem there

but we are starved for VFL level footy and wanted everyone to get a months worth of touches in one game :-(

Reactions: 2 users