• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Willie Rioli ASADA scandal

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
On performance enhancement, I played cricket with a guy who hadn't batted without having a smoke first for 25 years. Swore by it. I couldn't believe it - until I tried it. Never tried it with footy but when batting on it I was focused, and as calm as a Hindu cow - and I'm someone who gets agitated and can't sit still after a joint.

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
I feel for him, he's a likeable young bloke.
There's going to be a few red faces. After he tampered with his urine sample, they got their heads together and came up with the excuse that he was dehydrated................it was 2 days after they played us.......................

shad

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2010
On performance enhancement, I played cricket with a guy who hadn't batted without having a smoke first for 25 years. Swore by it. I couldn't believe it - until I tried it. Never tried it with footy but when batting on it I was focused, and as calm as a Hindu cow - and I'm someone who gets agitated and can't sit still after a joint.
I went down to the kids footy training after a mid-arvo smoke. Hit every kick perfectly. About 25 years too late finding out.

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019
Problem is, you only thought you were focused and calm. In reality you were swinging harder than Herman Rockefeller at a Gascoigne Estate wife swap.
They’ve named that match in your honour “Spooks excellent adventure “

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Problem is, you only thought you were focused and calm. In reality you were swinging harder than Herman Rockefeller at a Gascoigne Estate wife swap.
They’ve named that match in your honour “Spooks excellent adventure “
:mhihi

One particular game I was batting at 4 and Johnny at 5. We sparked one up as the openers went out to bat. After 8 or so overs, they're still there, so Johnny suggest another. Within 5 minutes of us finishing that we've lost 3 wickets and we're meeting mid-pitch. "Spooky, when's drinks?" he gasps. "I've got the dry horrors." "Not for another 10 or more overs, Johnny." He didn't last 2. We got rolled for 107.

Spook: 36 not out.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003

One particular game I was batting at 4 and Johnny at 5. We sparked one up as the openers went out to bat. After 8 or so overs, they're still there, so Johnny suggest another. Within 5 minutes of us finishing that we've lost 3 wickets and we're meeting mid-pitch. "Spooky, when's drinks?" he gasps. "I've got the dry horrors." "Not for another 10 or more overs, Johnny." He didn't last 2. We got rolled for 107.

Thirty six not out, you should've been batting a bit "higher" in the order ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019

I once played a relatively “high” stakes poker game after indulging pre game in a big fat one. Thought it would unlock my inner genius. I was thoroughly enjoying myself and in my mind was constructing some particularly strategic plays. Unfortunately my rapidly dwindling collection of chips told another story. I was however smashing the complementary drinks down and thought they represented fair value at the time

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
I once played a relatively “high” stakes poker game after indulging pre game in a big fat one. Thought it would unlock my inner genius. I was thoroughly enjoying myself and in my mind was constructing some particularly strategic plays. Unfortunately my rapidly dwindling collection of chips told another story. I was however smashing the complementary drinks down and thought they represented fair value at the time
Yeah, nah, it works when you want not to think, when you need to use your brain have a cup of coffee.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
Exactly wanted to post my thoughts to this but had to scroll through and read some posts before i opened my mouth with my thoughts.

So that is the more serious offence.
Feel for the kid.
Panicked , now it could be over.

Wonder if they came out with this cannabis stuff did he have any strikes.?

What if WC were in a GF and Willie contributed a few goals and they won by under that margin how would the AFL have done?

NOTHING.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Exactly wanted to post my thoughts to this but had to scroll through and read some posts before i opened my mouth with my thoughts.

So that is the more serious offence.
Feel for the kid.
Panicked , now it could be over.

Wonder if they came out with this cannabis stuff did he have any strikes.?

What if WC were in a GF and Willie contributed a few goals and they won by under that margin how would the AFL have done?

NOTHING.
It'll happen one day, waiting, where a player will play a significant role in getting his side the four points only to be busted with performance enhancing substances in his system. Will be very interesting to see how the AFL deals with that and whether it will have the gumption to strip his club of the four points.
And I think you're correct, the corrupt AFL will do nothing about it, particularly if it happens in a finals match - imagine the calamity!

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
i played footy with a couple of fellas who regularly smoked before a game. One was the spiritual leader of the twos.
Said it calmed down the stress/anxiety and gave a sense of power, a bit like coke. Certainly raised his pain thresholds.
Defo a PE for the right person