WIZARD CUP TEAM 2003 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WIZARD CUP TEAM 2003

M

MACSTER

HERES MY THOUGHTS ON OUR LINEUP FOR
THE TIGERS 1ST GAME V MELBOURNE NEXT
FRIDAY. FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR THOUGHTS.

B CAMERON VARDY BOWDEN
HB NEWMAN GASPAR HILTON
C FIORA JOHNSON TIVENDALE
HF BLUMFIELD RICHO KRAKOUER
F ROGERS OTTENS PETTIFER
R HALL COUGLAN CHAFFEY
INT NICHOLLS FLEMING RODAN SHULZ KING PETTIFER

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I didn't know Pettifer had a sister. I'm sure you meant to squeeze at least one Kellaway somewhere there, instead of two Pettifers, and possibly a Stafford!

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
HERES MY THOUGHTS ON OUR LINEUP FOR
THE TIGERS 1ST GAME V MELBOURNE NEXT
FRIDAY. FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR THOUGHTS.

B CAMERON VARDY BOWDEN
HB NEWMAN GASPAR HILTON
C FIORA JOHNSON TIVENDALE
HF BLUMFIELD RICHO KRAKOUER
F ROGERS OTTENS PETTIFER
R HALL COUGLAN CHAFFEY
INT NICHOLLS FLEMING RODAN SHULZ KING PETTIFER

Welcome macster.

I think for the Melbourne game as it's an actual comp and not just a practice game, the club will try to put its best available 22 or whatever you are allowed to have in these games on the field so AK and stafford will get a gig as Dean said. If dragga is fully right he may get a go also.

I doubt Blumfield will play as his still recovering from OP. Also I wouldn't have Joel in a BP after last year with the kick outs :-/ and his ability to kick long goals and score 9 pointers. I personally think Vardy is too slow of the mark to play key position but I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Agree with the rest of your selections macster give or take a couple of positional changes.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Going on the fact that Danny said we would experiment a little rather than go full out to win. I say we give the kids and recruits a go aswell as try different players in different positions..... that in mind here are my teams for the opening 2 Wiz Cup games.....
1st game

B Sipthorp Gaspar Hyde
HB Campbell Schulz Cameron
C Tivendale Johnson Hall
HF Mills Richardson Bowden
F Krakouer Stafford MacGrath

Followers: Ottens, Coughlan, Flemming

Interchange: Chaffey, Moore, Pettifer, Pickering, Nichols,
Rodan, Shir, Newman.

Missing: Holland, Blumfield, Zantuck.
Rested: Dragicevic, Houlihan, Rogers, Fiora,
Hilton, D.Kellaway, King, Biddiscombe, Vardy
A.Kellaway

Game 2

B Shir Gaspar Hyde
HB A.Kellaway Schulz Biddiscombe
C Newman Tivendale Fiora
HF Mills Ottens Hilton
F Rogers Pickering MacGrath

Followers: Hall, Rodan, D.Kellaway

Interchange: Vardy, Sipthorpe, Moore, Houlihan,
King, Krakouer, Pettifer, King, Flemming

Missing:Holland, Blumfield, Zantuck.
Rested: Dragicevic, Richardson, Bowden, Cameron,
Chaffey, Campbell, Johnson, Nichols,
Coughlan, Stafford

Obviously these line-ups could be fiddled with here and there to get a better balance, and would also be dependent on match ups on the day etc.... But I think we should give the recruits and the kids a chance to show us what they have in an environment where it doesnt mean much if you lose, even though winning would be ideal I say play the newbies and some that need to prove themselves this year or may face unemployment next year........

I have left Dragga out of both sides as he doesnt really need to play in these mickey mouse games like some of you guys posted id rather see him get form and confidence back with coburg, also gives him that bit extra time.
At the moment I know of no other injuries but if Nichols is injury prone Id suggest we rest him from this also. And it wont hurt the more senior guys to miss a game and watch from the stands and advise the younger kids what they are doing well etc....
Really havent thought past games 1 and 2 except that maybe a combination of the above depending on who had played well in a certain position or if we had more experimenting to do. I dont really care if we win or lose Wiz cup games just as long as we dont get thumped, and some of the new kids and recruits show some promise.
and fingers crossed no major injuries for once! 8)

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
good post there tg and i agree use the wiz cup as a experiment.play the youngsters.i must say tho game 2 might be blown out of the water if we lose game 1.
i hope we dont make it past the semi.s look at the last 2 times we made a pre-season final :-/

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I don't wanna sound like a spoiled sport but there wont be any game 2 if don't win game 1 ;)

So I would be playing a stronger team in the first game with a view of trying to get through to game 2. And then if we make it to game 2 we have to face either the Pies or Blues

Blumfield and Holland and probably Campbell will not be available for the Wizzee Cup. Also, I'd be surprised if the selected Hilton.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Give Vardy a go at full back and leave him there.

We may need his services during the year.

Another to try would be *smile*, maybe HFF.

A

admin

I agree about Royce.
He needs a chance to show what he can do, not just get a few minutes here and there.
It might take a game or two to get confidence but for the benefit of the team I hope he plays all pre-season games.
His height is insurance for our big guys, and every bit of experience would be of benefit if we need to cash in during the season.