Work experiance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Work experiance

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I have work experiance coming up in november, and we have been told to try and start organizing something now.

Any one have any good ideas?? i have no idea what to do.

I tried getting in to the RFC but they say you have to know someone involved in the club, because of "high demand". ::)

So pls....all ideas welcome... ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
For my work experience I was a librarians assistant which was as boring as all hell. So unless you want to be bored the whole time your there don't bother with that idea. My cousins doing his now, he's working at Kmart. I'm gonna go in tomorrow and annoy the crap out of him and tell him he's doing things wrong ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
oh so steer clear of libary assistants :rollin, how did u end up with that in the first place??!

So nice of you to go in and annoy him!! haha ::)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
That was all I could be bothered applying for lol.

I think it's a great idea. I actually work at kmart so I can go in and tell him what he's doing wrong.

"No, No, No that goes over there and you don't just dump the items you put them back on the shelf properly." ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
My daughter is planning to be a physiotherapist g0tigers, and she's just done a weeks work experience at the hospital.

She spent a lot of time in the physio dept, but also on the wards, in theatre, x-ray and other departments.

She is planning to do a week at a kindergarten for the next work experience.

My son did work experience at the Zoo. That's a pretty hard one to get in to, but an awesome experience.

My kids have all worked where they only pay the minimum $5 a day, whereas some of their friends have chosen places where they get decent money for the week.

Do you have any plans of what you'd like to do when you leave school yet? Is good to choose something along those lines if you do and see if things in that occupation are as you imagined.

Let us know what you decide to do. :)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Anywhere but never do anything to do with accounting ever. IF i can pass on some advice to any young uns out there that is it. I cannot imagine a more boring profession.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Maybe you can ask Danny Hill to be caretaker on his farm whilst he's coaching the Tiges. Its only avaliable for a limited time. Suspect he'll be there quite frequently next year.

I did my work experience at the "Lotto" factory in Clifton Hill. Bastards made me and my mate damn near clean the whole warehouse for them. Oh well, flogged a nice pair of footy boots from them. ;D