Yellow and back, don't you forget it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Yellow and back, don't you forget it

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yer, clearly remember enjoying reading this article when published. It has become prescient now. However don't think we were any more ruthless than the other great multi-flag sides like Dorks or Lions.

Now a club on the leading edge of ethical sports team management.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Just happy to be the evil empire again.

DS

Thanks and it’s a great read, especially loved this bit -

“Richmond didn't play favourites; they didn't have to. In 10 finals series over 15 years, they played 26 games and lost only six. They beat Carlton seven times in nine meetings, at a time when beating Carlton was a feat. They beat Collingwood six times out of six. They never lost to Geelong. When North Melbourne at last got a look at a premiership, they pooped their party. They laid waste to the competition.”

So far we have played 7 final series over 8 years (so we are about half way through that dynasty) for 10 wins and 5 losses (so not as dominant in finals as before).

I think we still have some work to do boys and there is no reason the train has to slow down yet.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks and it’s a great read, especially loved this bit -

“Richmond didn't play favourites; they didn't have to. In 10 finals series over 15 years, they played 26 games and lost only six. They beat Carlton seven times in nine meetings, at a time when beating Carlton was a feat. They beat Collingwood six times out of six. They never lost to Geelong. When North Melbourne at last got a look at a premiership, they pooped their party. They laid waste to the competition.”

So far we have played 7 final series over 8 years (so we are about half way through that dynasty) for 10 wins and 5 losses (so not as dominant in finals as before).

I think we still have some work to do boys and there is no reason the train has to slow down yet.
Just need to win 10 of the next 11.

Doable.

Btw, Jake left out the draw in 1972.