YOU LITTLE BEAUTY! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
A tremendous effort by Mark Philippoussis to come from 2 sets to 1 down to beat Andre Agassi.

We were saying in the chat room that Mark is like Richmond, shows promise, and then chokes in the big ones. In particular I likened him to Richo. Well, the boy came good! Hopefully this is a good omen for the Tiges and in particular for Richo this week.

Carn the Tiges!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
What a great tennis match, and a great effort from Scud

Thought he was gonna blow his break during the 5th set, but a couple of times 15-30 and 30-40 down he came up with some big serves and got him out of trouble.

The game he broke Agassi during the 4th set was great tennis, he kept have oppurtunities to break, but Agassi kept finding great serves, had 1 ace for the first 3 sets, and then had 4 during one service game.

Thankyou to my flu for keeping me awake or else i would have forgotten to watch

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yawnnnnnnnnnnn. Not cos it was boring but cos I'm tired. Was a late night watching.
Great effort Scud, keep it up and win the title. :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Don't ya hate it when you stay up all night willing Scud to get back into the game, then rain washes out play and there's no result.
Talk about anti climax, ha.
Go Mark.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Found it amusing that Scud was being deceived by a "deceptively flat" serve.

Pretty flat game and crowd until scud got going towards the end of the third set. Even Scud seemed disinterested. Started to play better when he suddenly got angry with himself. A bit of emotion got him back into the game. The Tiges could learn something there.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Couldn't believe he lost the first two sets to that hack after taking out Agassi. I said to myself, what a Richo, perfect one day, dud the next. But its good to see he fought back well to tie the match up. Will be dissapointing to lose from here. If he gets through this match, he is a big shot for the title. Go Poo! Bring the title back to Melbourne, or San Diego, or wherever your'e living nowadays, lol.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Still up celebrating scud's victory. Anybody else watch the game? That backhand volley he did when down break point was one of the most sublime sporting moments I have ever witnessed.

TAKE OUT THE TOURNAMENT!

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Onya Scud. Just too good tonight. Only one more to go :). Bet ya Kerry Packer and channel 9 are happy about this after Hewitt got knocked out in the first round.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Bad luck Scud. Can't begrudge Federer that win.
Awesome performance.
(Come to think of it 3 sets is a good result. Good to have an earlier night.)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Poor flip. :'(

Congratulations Federer, to the winner go the spoils. Superior player.

Keep your head up flip, hopefully next time your opponent won't be pulling shots out his arse.