you wanted it, you voted for it ,you've got it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

you wanted it, you voted for it ,you've got it

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
:cutelaugh as i sit in the bush watching the evening news i am pissin myself laughing.lets start the list.no investment in public transport even tho this mob of morons were elected on a platform that included the extension of the rail line to sth morang,no new power stations even tho our population has exploded ,which has contributed to todays complete shutdown of the railways,(they should have ole puffin billy on stand by next week ha ha)trains that are built overseas that wont cope with our conditions,then they did a packer and bought back out of service rolling stock that still needed upgrading at 600 +% more than they sold em for :rofl myki tickiting system thats like the FARCE RAIL has blown its budget massivley yet they couldnt afford to tip in a mill to keep the cowes hospital going to the wall,now lets start on water,instead of making water tanks compulsory durin the boom this bunch of head up arses decided to tax undevolped blocks increasing land/house prices so they could reap more land tax.bought craig ingham and their darlin davies by locking up the mitchell.but thats allright they just build a white elephant pipeline to rob the bush of water they dont have.and lets not forget the desal plant that will suck massive dollar and massive coal power,the labor party in this state should be charged with gross neglieance,and the biggest prob with this mob is there is only ted as the alternative,god help us all... so enjoy all you idiots that kept voting for this mob,you have set back 20 YEARS PLUS........

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
with regards to power plants, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are now privately owned.

As such, its up to the private owners if and when they invest in new infrastructure.

Last time I checked, it wasn't the ALP who sold off and privatized the private utilities.

as for rail, again its your beloved private operator who made the great decisions like removing the separators from the tracks which have caused the buckling in this heat. Its also the failure of one private operator which resulted in the govt having to spend $1b to bail them out resulted in Eastlink having to become a toll road.

Privatization and bringing in the private sector to run public assets is not always the answer to everything either

Stuart

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
No matters who's in power, supporters of the opposition will always find any 'crisis' an excuse to say the current party is at fault.
As for overseas train not being built for our conditions, who manufactures trains suited for on buckled tracks? C'mon guys, the hottest conditions for 100 years & it's the govt's fault.
When freak weather conditions hit, it's just that, freak. If everything was as normal it wouldn't be freak conditions.
It's hot, it's crap, but would people be happy if the govt spent millions/billions for the few days of the year that these conditions come about.

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Poor ole red neck ssstone - he still can't score a political point even when the Labor State Government is floundering.

Give up on the politics mate and become a champ by just barracking for the Tigers...............

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I do agree with him on the water issue though. It's the only thing we'll ever agree on but the key to water is sustainability which means Melbourne should use water smarter. Grey water, recycled water, water tanks. Piping in water from elsewhere or even worse, a desal plant is just masking the problem.

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat
RemoteTiger said:
Poor ole red neck ssstone - he still can't score a political point even when the Labor State Government is floundering.

Give up on the politics mate and become a champ by just barracking for the Tigers...............
lol,ta remote. :clap..but that aside this mob of morons have been in power 4 9 + years,iam fully aware of who privatised the railways9 years ago people...time to get over blameing jeff.24 degrees is not FREAK,this govermint embraced power with a mandate on public transport that included rail to sth morang,9 years later where is it? i noticed noone bought up a counter resonse to MYKI,FARCE TRAIN,PIPELINE OR THE POLLUTING DESAL PLANT??????????MB,read my post again... i did lament the lack of oppisition...DISCO STU,the problems with rolling stock and lack of it lay directly at the labor party's feet..

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat
antman said:
I do agree with him on the water issue though. It's the only thing we'll ever agree on but the key to water is sustainability which means Melbourne should use water smarter. Grey water, recycled water, water tanks. Piping in water from elsewhere or even worse, a desal plant is just masking the problem.

let alone the lack of use for
yes antsy it is the only thing we will agree on....200 years ago when rained over where the suburbs now stand it soaked into the gound,formed creeks and or got evaporated again into the atomsphere.now we catch it on roofs and roads and funnel it straight out to sea. let alone the waste of grey water... drives me !@###@!! nuts

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
No arguments about our dire water situation but to laugh at people who voted for the current govt and call them idiots is ridiculous.  The situation should have been addressed years ago.  The previous governments don't exactly have bragging rights either.

The pipeline really interests me, and affects us personally ssstoney.  Do you have any actual facts in regard to the water being taken?  Assuming you're not spouting off without info to back it up I'd appreciate more info please.

Despite our political shortcomings I am proud and consider myself blessed to be Australian, and Victorian, and live in our lucky country.  

Whatever the purpose of this thread was I think it failed bigtime.  Rather than laughing at voters I'm actually having a chuckle at your posts ssstoney.

ssstone

Aug 11, 2006
ararat
rosy23 said:
No arguments about our dire water situation but to laugh at people who voted for the current govt and call them idiots is ridiculous. The situation should have been addressed years ago. The previous governments don't exactly have bragging rights either.

The pipeline really interests me, and affects us personally ssstoney. Do you have any actual facts in regard to the water being taken? Assuming you're not spouting off without info to back it up I'd appreciate more info please.

Despite our political shortcomings I am proud and consider myself blessed to be Australian, and Victorian, and live in our lucky country.

Whatever the purpose of this thread was I think it failed bigtime. Rather than laughing at voters I'm actually having a chuckle at your posts ssstoney.
glad to give you a chuckle rosy ,yak it up,i am.living where you live rosy the nth sth should intrest you, go and talk to farmers in your area who have to pay for water allocation and yet get no water??? explain that?paying for something you dont recieve ?? then to take water from the same area under the spin of it will only be "savings" from covered irragation?as for previous guvvermints rose how far do you want to go back?as for the PURPOSE of this thread,it allows me to convey my absolute disgust how this regime of spin that was elected on the promise of open and transperant governing has failed its blind as bats voters,and yes it makes me laugh and as smug as any howard hater.. ;)failing bigtime? ;)you didnt have to respond

the golden

former hawk cheersquad feral : D
Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
mb64 said:
Would the opposition do any better?Not from what I've seen.

I AGREE  it was the opposition [hawks pres] who sold all assets now there are no assets to be able to help fund major projects so money is slower to get in if the water was not privatized we would have had restrictions earlier [years] then when they were finally made to put them in the trains are privatized they are blaming each other for this mess if they maintained them all the way through maybe there might not have been so many problems now if there was and we knew they were maintained  then we could blame no one but the weather , they want us to go by train rather then drive yet say on the weekend when more might use trains to visit the city they only have 4 carriages on the train it is the super saver day so tickets [ metro] are under $3 and the a festival might be on and the train fills so much when it is no where near the city that no one can get on any more if they can there is no seats left ! if an accident happened there would be heaps injured or dead ! it is bad enough during the week too they fill to that point too .

we could blame all government parties they all promise the world but sadly in reality no matter which party they can not keep all promises no matter what they say !
i think we can blame connex for the metro services too country services ? who runs them are they private or gov run ?

the golden

Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
Tiger74 said:
with regards to power plants, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are now privately owned.

As such, its up to the private owners if and when they invest in new infrastructure.

Last time I checked, it wasn't the ALP who sold off and privatized the private utilities.

as for rail, again its your beloved private operator who made the great decisions like removing the separators from the tracks which have caused the buckling in this heat. Its also the failure of one private operator which resulted in the govt having to spend $1b to bail them out resulted in Eastlink having to become a toll road.

Privatization and bringing in the private sector to run public assets is not always the answer to everything either
jeff sold all ! :fire :veryupset

the golden

Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
Disco Stu said:
No matters who's in power, supporters of the opposition will always find any 'crisis' an excuse to say the current party is at fault.
As for overseas train not being built for our conditions, who manufactures trains suited for on buckled tracks? C'mon guys, the hottest conditions for 100 years & it's the govt's fault.
When freak weather conditions hit, it's just that, freak. If everything was as normal it wouldn't be freak conditions.
It's hot, it's crap, but would people be happy if the govt spent millions/billions for the few days of the year that these conditions come about.

the weather sadly we can not change i am sure it was always as hot as this years ago up to a few years ago i went to school at the start of the year it was alway burning hot last 5 or so years we have had mild summers really

no matter what you can not keep everyone happy

the golden

Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
antman said:

industry use more water then house holds yet house holds are the ones who get told use less use less !
drinking water in a road tunnel that goes under the river why not use that water instead !