Your Choice | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Your Choice

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
What would you like to see happen in the WizzFizz Cup?

Would you:

A) Prefer they go out and play the best players available and try and win the thing. That has lots of benefits - like increase the membership, monetary rewards for the club - but is it an indication of really where we're at?

OR

B) Play as many of the kids we've now got on our list and see how they perform, under the guidance of senior players.

I would prefer B - we don't get to see the kids much during the year with no reserves games played as much - and if we lose who cares. Be good to see them and see what they can do.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
B for me.
history has shown each time we do well in the pre-season comp we fail in the home and away season.
go dees ;D

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Yeah rah rah rah - Go Dees lol

BUT they still have to go through practice matches - more than likely up the bush - do you think it's better that they still remain in the cup so they don't have to travel all around the country, and still play the kids?

Hang on - is this a round robin comp or back to knockout? You can see how much this means to me - i wouldn't have a clue ;D

A

admin

The overwhelming response to the poll on this on the main page was to use the Wizz Fizz as preparation for the home and away season.
I agree that is the main importance. I never really care about the pre season, though this year I am hanging out for it more than usual.
I know winning isn't overly important, but when it comes to the crunch I still hate seeing Richmond beaten.
I opt for both of the above.
Prepare for the real thing AND flog the DEEs.
Go Tiges.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
You never know the young boys may just surprise us all.

Sure some of them couldn't do any worse and lets face it if they are serious they should take their chance by the scruff of the neck and give it a real shake.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
All the planning should be based on choice B and gearing up for the H/A season - playing the young guys, trying players in different positions that if successful would increase our depth in certain departments that would make our side stronger and give us more options on match-day, etc... When the game is on then choice A should come into it as we should always have the attitude of playing to win. If we win then its bonus in terms of the things froars mentioned; if not then it's no big deal provided we are trying new and different things and the coaching and playing staff get something positive out of it in terms of learning what works and what doesn't in readiness for the real stuff. As you get another practice game anyway it shouldn't matter either way.